PDA

View Full Version : 450R Rear fenders on my 85 ATC 250R

H.M.F.I.C.
07-11-2004, 09:30 PM
I read an article a couple of years ago where a guy used 400ex rear fenders on an ATC 250R. He said he had to remould the seat pan and there was a small gap between the tank and fenders also. I am thinking of getting some 450R fenders to adapt to my trike. It wouldn't really be a bad idea to make them stationary like they are on the 450R and just make the seat itself removable instead of the whole rear fender assembly but I make try to make it all removable. I dont think it would be to hard so I may give it a try.

:Bounce

vartiak15
07-11-2004, 09:38 PM
that would be sweet man.

BigGreenMachine
07-11-2004, 09:58 PM
That would be sweet indeed. I dont think they will bolt on very easily at all. Why dont you get the 450r subframe and fenders and modify your 250r frame to accept the complete setup. That would be more expensive and look cleaner IMO.

x.system
07-11-2004, 10:09 PM
I believe you will have a color issue as well unless you plan to use the limited black color. I have a few R's and the red is totally different from my 85, 86 to my 88. Im not sure but I think the 450 is a little darker than my 88 plastic so it may come closer than the stock 88 250r plastic would.

H.M.F.I.C.
07-12-2004, 07:54 PM
That would be sweet indeed. I dont think they will bolt on very easily at all. Why dont you get the 450r subframe and fenders and modify your 250r frame to accept the complete setup. That would be more expensive and look cleaner IMO.

That is a great idea. That way I can polish my rear subframe also. I don't care about the money. I can do it over period of time. I love my credit card because it is like having credit on everything I get. I pay a minimum of $150 a month unless I don't owe anything. This way I can buy the fenders, pay em off, buy the sub-frame, pay it off and then all I will like is the odds and ends like the seat and tail light. I already have some parts stashed for my trike but they are all engine hop-ups and I am doing a total rebuild this winter. I am a part owner and worker at a custom car shop that me, my dad, and my brother run so I have acces to all the equipment I will need to do the swap. I don't really car about the color. If it doesn't match I will paint it all. I have a banshee that I have a little over $9,000 invested in and my ATC 250R is my next project and I want it to be like none other.

BigGreenMachine
07-12-2004, 08:49 PM
cool then go all out on it. my only limiting factor is money
lol

Lots_Of_Nothing
07-12-2004, 08:51 PM
why may i ask? go through all that trouble just to put on 450r rear fenders? if your so obsessed with looking like the 450r instead of its original self, then sell the R to someone whos gonna treat it good the way its supposed to be, and buy yourself the 450R.

H.M.F.I.C.
07-12-2004, 08:59 PM
why may i ask? go through all that trouble just to put on 450r rear fenders? if your so obsessed with looking like the 450r instead of its original self, then sell the R to someone whos gonna treat it good the way its supposed to be, and buy yourself the 450R.

wah wah wah!. I bought and paid for my R and will do what ever I want to it. God forbid someone who tries to bring it into the 21st century. If you don't like custom things please quit replying in my threads. If I WANTED a 450R I would buy one. You don't like my idea, I think your black wheels suck! Everybody has thier opinion.

Lots_Of_Nothing
07-12-2004, 09:01 PM
hey kiddie, comon now, lets grow up a bit, i just asked a honest question, no harm no foul, okay there good buddy? HAH, now, good luck with your great idea.

H.M.F.I.C.
07-12-2004, 09:05 PM
Thank you father time.