PDA

View Full Version : sproket clip problem!!!

vartiak15
07-11-2004, 10:19 AM
does anyone know why this would happen?

smokey
07-11-2004, 10:39 AM
if the bolt holes were worn

AirManCam
07-11-2004, 01:41 PM
Most likely the bolts worked loose, and the sproket/clip was moving slightly.

vartiak15
07-11-2004, 03:58 PM
well i dont think its any of thoes problems i think it is because my swinger isnt stright like one side,where the chian tenshioners is, is out more, the chain tenshionsers are the same on each side. so i think thats the proble.

is there any thing eles i can use temporay? like just put some wire around in the grove with a washer infront and bolt the washer on???

ste-pel
07-11-2004, 05:00 PM
I noticed that the clip from an xr 100 sprocket would fit on a 250r sprocket, don't know what others will interchange but I guess its on the size of the sprocket. i just happened to notice because I have both.

canadiandevil2
07-11-2004, 05:48 PM
whats wrong with it???

Dirtcrasher
07-11-2004, 06:42 PM
I have a feeling your countershaft isn't so good in the splines department but you said yourself you know your not ligned up right. That front sprocket mounting is the weakest link and thats why it is wearing so bad.

jeswinehart
07-11-2004, 08:26 PM
well i dont think its any of thoes problems i think it is because my swinger isnt stright like one side,where the chian tenshioners is, is out more, the chain tenshionsers are the same on each side. so i think thats the proble.

is there any thing eles i can use temporay? like just put some wire around in the grove with a washer infront and bolt the washer on???

i have used those circlip things before on a aftermarket sprocket with out any troubles. it might take a couple of trips to the hardware before getting the right size but they work,,,, ( + cheap too - lol )

john

vartiak15
07-11-2004, 08:30 PM
thata waht i was going to do for now i just put some wire around it and it held ok lol

TimSr
07-12-2004, 08:58 AM
I have a feeling your countershaft isn't so good in the splines department but you said yourself you know your not ligned up right. That front sprocket mounting is the weakest link and thats why it is wearing so bad.

I agree. The countershaft splines or sprocket misalignment.