PDA

View Full Version : Shipping to Australia

pops
07-09-2004, 07:28 AM
Hi i am buying a set of 350x forks from USA. The lad i am buying them of wants to know how to send the forks to oz. Can anyone help me on who he can see to ship the parts to me please .thanking you ian .

ScottZJ
07-09-2004, 07:49 AM
Well I am in the same delima. I am trying to get you a price for that plastic set I have and havent been able to get Fedex or UPS to give me a quote of any kind. I am going to try to get it boxed up and ready to go and then take it there tonight or tomorrow morning to see if they can get me a price in person. I know it can be done, just these shipping companies want your first born and tons more info before they ship stuff! LOL

pops
07-09-2004, 09:09 AM
I have tried to get some quotes on line ,some companys want 800.00 us to ship your parts to me .lol . There must be someone that can ship the parts cheaper ?. I can buy a new rear fender in 0z from the USA from a company here 5 weeks wait the full price is only 390.00 AD deliverd to my door ,the company won"t tell me who ships the parts for them . cheers ian

TimSr
07-09-2004, 09:13 AM
There is no special trick to ship to Australia. All he needs to do it package them as though he was shipping anywhere else. If they leak in any way, he should thoroughly drain them first, and put them in a plastic bag inside the package. For international shipments he will want to us USPS with tracking and insurance. Rates are on their website www.usps.com.

Fedex or UPS quotes just go to their website, enter your zip, detination zip, package weight and dimensions. Keep the package small as possible so you dont exceed size limits. Fenders are usually overize 2 which ships at thew same rate as a normal package of 70 lbs.

Howdy
07-09-2004, 09:15 AM
Try shipping the stuff through USPS via parcel post or air parcel post. If it is boxed be sure to make the box as small as possible. I think there is a 104 ( may be 108 ) inch limit ( length + girth ). I know I just shipped a set of fenders to Canada ( yesterday ) and the box was 108 1/2 inches and they took it. cost to ship was $37.
Howdy