PDA

View Full Version : New paint for my tank

3 weelin geezer
07-05-2004, 10:41 PM
Has anyone had their tank powder coated? Does this last in the sun ??? I am considering what kind of new paint job to put on mine since I burned some of the paint fixing some damn little holes that developed in my tank now that I have finally figgered out what was wrong with my atc. I am also considering getting it painted to look like an egg with all the little specs and imperfections in white then topping it off with a cutomerized hack job in transparent red. It looked pretty good on the last tank I did its just that the red paint I used (for wheels) from Autozone faded in the sun within a week or two. The body shop guy said I should have used clear coat and this would have prevented the fading.

clong
07-06-2004, 07:44 PM
I would like to paint my 200X tank white. Its is white now but all scratched and old looking. What is the best spray paint to use on a gas tank and should I sand it and use a primer first. I would assume so. I have some new tank stickers but I want to paint it first.

trikerider2oo7
07-06-2004, 08:28 PM
sounds like a good idea...but i aint never seen transparent red...where do you get it?

3 weelin geezer
07-07-2004, 01:48 AM
I got it at Autozone. Its supposed to be for aluminum wheels for hondas by the look of the label but it faded. I also found some brush on type at a hobby shop used for coloring the tail lights on model cars. so far that stuff has fared pretty well considering it had gas leaking from a hole in the bottom of the tank. I comes in ounce jars or so. I can just see it. Brush strokes on a tank....Whatcha do to that? Give it to the kids to finger paint it at preskool?? HA HA HA HA HA !!!