PDA

View Full Version : not too bad at all

mevaters
07-05-2004, 07:58 PM
well I got the tri-z running today had her out for a few drives, man that thing can fly, my last bike was a big red 250 so theres a pretty big difference there. I had to do some work to get it in running shape, had to put on a new chain, which was a pain in the ass cause all of the nuts on the rear end were rusted and stuck, i changed the plug and tried to put a new spark plug boot on but the dealership gave me the wrong size. I had to , and I know this will piss off some people, weld the gear shifter to the shaft. the shaft is stripped and I can't really afford any more parts right now because I just ordered an air filter and complete rear brake, so it is only a temporary fix until my wife gives me more money. I also noticed when i took it out today that the back left tire is wobbling a little bit so I checked it and I need a new hub too. Ahh well I expected to put a couple hundred into it since I only paid 800 for it. From the little driving i did since i got the bike I am really impressed and love the bike even more then the big red. How did everyone else enjoy this perfect day for riding?

__________________________________________________ __________
1985 Tri-z with a full dg exhaust system and performance pistons

packhamstruck
07-05-2004, 08:10 PM
sounds pretty good, just want to point out that is 800 cdn before everyone says you wasted your money, so it is about 500 US

Danthestuntman
07-05-2004, 08:11 PM
it was raining where i am so i jus chilled by the dunes

Danthestuntman
07-05-2004, 08:12 PM
ya i paid 475 cdn for my 1985 yamaha 2001