PDA

View Full Version : Auto x wiring harness electrical ???

honda200sx
07-01-2004, 11:33 PM
Ok i am working on my auto x with 350x suspension and i was trying to wire it last night and i ran into a snag!! Is the 200x a different wire harness than a 200s? Right now on my (X) harness i have 2 male bullet type connectors and 2 female bullet type connectors. But on the S engine i have 2 male bullet plugs out of the cdi and then from the bottom end i have a female bullet plug and a white plastic plug that has 2 wires in it. I NEED HELP!!!! can anybody help me on this?

Matt

350x'inNY
07-02-2004, 12:17 AM
Yep..... I got the magazine with the complete artical on 3Wheeling Mag's Auto-X project. Moderator's, if I scan the article in, could you add it to the website somewhere?

Bruce

honda200sx
07-02-2004, 01:03 AM
That would be great! So is that my problem, i need a 200s wiring harness?

350x'inNY
07-02-2004, 01:08 PM
No... it tells you what colors and such you need to wire together and whhich pieces from each to use.

Bruce

honda200sx
07-05-2004, 12:26 PM
can anybody help me with this? I need to hook it up this week.

350x'inNY
07-05-2004, 12:49 PM
:rolleyes: ... guess I'll just type it....

Pg 28 3Wheeling Mag May 1984 by Dean "oldfart" Kirsten...

"... The next order of business is the wiring. If you use the "S" lower end, the wiring will be slightly different. The "S" has 3 wires coming out of the stator; yellow, green, and black/red. The yellow hooks to the yellow on the "X", and the black/red connects to the black/red on the "X" (both wires will be too short and you will have to lengthen them) The green wire was grounded to the engine case.
The other two wires are from the CDI unit. These two wires, green and blue, match up to the "X" perfectly and if they are slightly short, you should be able to cut the tape back on the "X" wiring loom to get a little length.
There is a problem using the stock "S" stator. It's output is less than the 200X and it will not power the 55 watt headlight bright enough. You can use either a higher output stator as from Richard Ramsey or Dean Sundahl, or use a 200X lighting coil."

That's it on the wiring... good luck

Bruce

Billy Golightly
07-05-2004, 01:42 PM
Bruce if you still want to email me the article I'll be glad to post it on the site.