PDA

View Full Version : 1985 110 Honda Engine Trouble

110 hondadan
12-28-2002, 03:05 PM
Need help. I can start my engine but I have to advance idle screw to keep the engine idling. When I hit the throttle the engine wants to die and I have to pump throttle lever to keep her running. Engine starts to accelerate but then breaks up and starts to back fire. Had carb. off and the float and jets look o.k. Does this engine have points? If so are they located under the CDI plate? Removed the 2 screws holding the plate but can`t seem to get it off ( I do not want to damage anything or force the plate off) Can anyone help me???? Thanks [/b]

jdparsons1
12-28-2002, 06:51 PM
That 110 does not have points. It has a CDI ignition system. To adjust it you simply take the 2 screws out of the cover and then pull the cover off. There is nothing under the cover holding it on so it is probably just stuck and needs to be pryed off with a flathead screwdriver. Once you get the cover off there are 2 or 3 screws that hold the baseplate in place if you loosen them you will be able to turn the baseplate. If you would like email me and I can scan you a page out of the Clymer manual that explains how to adjust it. I would also make sure that your air screw is set right and that you have the c-clip on the main jet needle set right.

I just went through all of this so it is pretty fresh on the brain, I now have mine set perfectly and can pop wheelies and it runs strong.

Thanks
Jeremy
jparsons@buckeye-express.com