PDA

View Full Version : the Death Trike

mymint87
06-27-2004, 01:23 PM
handling is superb...i can bark the tires in the dirt....

Can Anyone Guess What kind of trike this is?

mymint87
06-27-2004, 01:24 PM
oh btw, thats not a speedo...it's a turbo boost guage....hehe...the toogle next to it controls the electronic fuel pump

BigGreenMachine
06-27-2004, 02:18 PM
interesting but no idea what it is

nate b
06-27-2004, 02:34 PM
kinda looks like the super rare 1984 harley davidson 500cc turbo charged 4-stroke 3 wheeler that they made.

mymint87
06-27-2004, 03:07 PM
heres another pic..the rear cannister is for the fox shock, the fuel regulator is mounted just in front of the rear rubber seat mounts,, and the fuel pump is just on the other side of the battery..

the exhaust pipe is tig welded to perfection..

its has 250r rear brakes

this is definately a classic pic of it

and btw...its a honda

plkmonster2
06-27-2004, 03:23 PM
It that the one with the 500 four in it? Or is it a 600 four stroke... That sure is nice and chrome-y! looking at the thumb throttle, it is pre- 80's or 1980... It looks to be made from the 250r frame,but a different swinger... Hmm, couldn't really say what it was though...

Xowner
06-27-2004, 03:26 PM
its that nicklson 500

84honda 200X
06-27-2004, 03:30 PM
I think its the nicklson 500 also.

plkmonster2
06-27-2004, 03:35 PM
That is what I was thinking, but did honda actualy make it for them? Or are just the parts honda?

leprogle
06-27-2004, 06:00 PM
it IS the nicholson, stop teasing us and post more pics!

mymint87
07-04-2004, 11:57 AM
DANG..... found this thread burried on page 6...

this forum rocks!!!!!!

Gotta love the volume of threads, maybe not so much the substance of some, but you sure are guaranteed a NEW and FRESH take when you visit

Oh my humble disciples,

I hear your cry

mymint87
07-04-2004, 12:14 PM
got me a free helmet...

a biker neighbor of mine gave it to me,

sometimes matching helmet/gear with bike can be "GAY"......hehe

whats your opinion?

250SX_rider
07-04-2004, 12:46 PM
It is REALLY cool....really nice find!!! :Bounce
How much did you pay for that ??
Let us know how it performs :beer

mymint87
07-04-2004, 12:53 PM
it performs awesome...its my 500r killer...hehe

i'm thinking about bringing it to TF05 so 3ww can bill it as the ultimate 4stroke vs. 2 stroke war...any one going to TF05 with a 500r?

i would also bring my stepladder so i can have a good swing at some jaws that need to be jacked....lmao

trailboss
07-04-2004, 01:09 PM
what is the nicholson 500, gimme the low down please?

ATC crazy
07-04-2004, 08:14 PM
Stop teasing us you lucky trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro!!

mymint87
07-24-2004, 12:06 PM
heres the lowdown...

the nicholson 500 is an early 80's custom made chromoly frame in which less than 100 were made..it was specially made for the xr500 motor making it the king of fourstroke three wheelers. Along with the frame, FOX suspension was added giving it GREAT handling and jumping characteristics....

the stock xr500 engine is a primo powerhouse....for those of you who ride 350x's, imagine if you can, almost double the thump....but not the throw the front tire way up in the air uncontrollibly thump, the kind of thump that puts it to the ground and rips a new one.....bottom line...handles bitchen...

but then you add a turbo, WOW.... look out....you get a draining, arm slamming, rush of adrenaline ride that i just cant discribe...while still maintaining control of the front end...it's CRAZY SIC....

mymint87
07-24-2004, 12:09 PM
this pic is for the old schoolers out there...the custom paintjob is signed 1987..ironically the year the three wheelers died....dig the crazy old schooling pinstriping job?

BigGreenMachine
07-24-2004, 01:07 PM
absolutely sick, where did you come across such a rare find?

CHAINSAW
07-24-2004, 01:46 PM
it performs awesome...its my 500r killer...hehe

i'm thinking about bringing it to TF05 so 3ww can bill it as the ultimate 4stroke vs. 2 stroke war...any one going to TF05 with a 500r?

i would also bring my stepladder so i can have a good swing at some jaws that need to be jacked....lmao

Im hoping to be there with my 425 stroker. By the time that turbo charger kicks in, Ill be across the finish line laughin at another 4 joker! Thats in the 300ft drags.

KASEY
07-24-2004, 05:56 PM
lol!!!! i keep telling him the same thing,,, in a 300' drag race, in a tick over 4 seconds you don't have time to wait for anything,,,,, it might have alot of power and it might handle great ,,, BUT it wasn't built for drag racing... put paddles on it with that short little swinger and you will be on your butt or have to lift to control the front end ,,,then i say GOODBYE!!! :D :D :D :D

i would also bring my stepladder so i can have a good swing at some jaws that need to be jacked....lmao most people don't even know who nicholson was and most probably don't care,,, its different its unique its kool ,,,,

TrikeKid
07-24-2004, 06:04 PM
Kasey you sound a little threatened.

CHAINSAW
07-24-2004, 06:17 PM
Kasey is right. In a 300 foot drag strip, that 500 might beat a piped 250R or T3 at best. Im speaking from sand drag experience. That "death trike" in sand, with paddles wouldn't be to impressive. The swinger is way to short to be putting out any kind of power off the line power. Again, he is right when he says 4-5 seconds is all the race is gonna last. In that time, the turbo charger might ingauge in the last second,,.. maybe. When that happens, the 2 stroke is 6 bike lengths ahead, and crossing the line.

Its a cool bike, dont get me wrong. I like all the old school stuff to. I also respect the work and fabrication that went into the machine. However, its not build for drag racing.

edog
07-24-2004, 07:14 PM
To each his own i say.

mymint87
07-24-2004, 07:41 PM
well then tell me how you REALLY think its runs...

i guess that ALL fourstrokes are slowly responsive, lumbering turtles leaving only a snail track in their wake......

oh ya, takes foever for my 350x to rapp out too...

as a matter of fact....come to think of it, all my 200x's take along time...

if you say so....right?

NOT.......

the timeless saga of 2stroke vs. 4stroke

But only in 300 ft?...thats the only race you guys will do?...hahahaha

i'll do you 300ft and keep it in 4th to give ya a chance AND any other venue you want...hahahahaha

need i say more....

can you say. "SPANKED" :D :D :D

face it...i won..even while sipping a martini...hehe

mymint87
07-24-2004, 07:55 PM
dying to get it on video...or even an audio clip...anyone have any ideas how to do it let me know. i'm kinda computer illiterate (sp.)

maybe this will best discribe it...my hardcore motorcycle riding daughters. (and Yardbird can attest to that) cry with fear everytime i start it...to the point of giving me great sorrow....It's THAT crazy, scary, sic.....

keep in the backs of your heads....
that all the gears are "tall" and wheel spin is incredible, actually to the point of sqealing them on hardpacked dirt.

CHAINSAW
07-24-2004, 09:14 PM
well then tell me how you REALLY think its runs...

i guess that ALL fourstrokes are slowly responsive, lumbering turtles leaving only a snail track in their wake......

oh ya, takes foever for my 350x to rapp out too...

as a matter of fact....come to think of it, all my 200x's take along time...

if you say so....right?

NOT.......

the timeless saga of 2stroke vs. 4stroke

But only in 300yrds?...thats the only race you guys will do?...hahahaha

i'll do you 300yrds and keep it in 4th to give ya a chance AND any other venue you want...hahahahaha

need i say more....

can you say. "SPANKED" :D :D :D

face it...i won..even while sipping a martini...hehe

well plan on trikefest then brotha! Yes, 4 strokes are slow off the line. Why do you think 2 strokes dominate ATV sanctioned drag racing? You dont see to many top racers running big cc 4 stroke bikes.. you see 2 strokes.

Why would anyone race over 300 feet? Once you hit that mark, all your power is gone. You said 300 yards, but Im sure you wrote it wrong. It should of read 100 yards. So if your still game, bring that big lumbering turtle along to TK05 and lets see what it will do.
Now you have almost a year to prepare, so Id suggest extending that swinger about another 20 inches if its the machine you say it is. I dont wanna hear any excuses come race time.. lol Oh, and keep your martini, Im gonna sit back and enjoy a few Mikes and some smoked XR500.. hehehe :D

KASEY
07-24-2004, 10:16 PM
have you had it in sand with paddles yet?????
those ballony scorpion tires are not much for traction either ,,, but spinning tires looooose a race everytime too,,

GOT TRACTION? :D :D :D :D

oh by the way some 4 strokes are not lumbering turtles,,,,my 450 is more like a 2 stroke than a 4 stroke

KASEY
07-24-2004, 10:26 PM
oh by the way i am driving 6 hours to spinreel campgroungs in the oregon dunes on the 24th of september ,,, thats pretty close compared to tf05,,,, that gives you 2 months to get use to riding it and show up,,,,
if you drive 6 hours too then we can make this debate a reallity,,, i am going to be there you don't even need a reservation i will gladly share my spot with a fellow triker... what do ya say???????

1FastTecate
07-25-2004, 09:43 AM
Sick trike man. What kinda turbo did you go with ? How many psi's are you running it at. And where did you tap the oil lines into ?

This turbo concept is a really neat idea, and would like as much info on it as possible thanks

CHAINSAW
07-25-2004, 02:03 PM
oh by the way i am driving 6 hours to spinreel campgroungs in the oregon dunes on the 24th of september ,,, thats pretty close compared to tf05,,,, that gives you 2 months to get use to riding it and show up,,,,
if you drive 6 hours too then we can make this debate a reallity,,, i am going to be there you don't even need a reservation i will gladly share my spot with a fellow triker... what do ya say???????
If you guys race, GET SOME VIDEO!

smokinp
07-25-2004, 02:22 PM
yes,get some video footage!

350xsx
07-25-2004, 04:36 PM
it cant be to fast,like cr500 fast,what was the fastest bike you beat with it then,i mean its still awesome and sik but yea ya gotta extend that swingarm man and get some tires with better traction, did you ever beat a 2 stroke over or at 250cc's :rolleyes: cuz than ill believe its somewhat fast,it just cant have the bottom end that a 2 stroke has,sorry man its just the truth

ATC crazy
07-25-2004, 08:26 PM
it just cant have the bottom end that a 2 stroke has,sorry man its just the truth

You mean Top-end. ;)

And Mymint87....stop teasing us dang it! :Evil :p