PDA

View Full Version : 85 250R Question

Fox250R
06-26-2004, 05:13 PM
2 questions for anybody who knows!! What the best 2 stroke oil to run? i was thinking klotz myself but im not sure..And would a CR shock from a 500 or 250 mount up to a 250R frame? THANKS

x.system
06-26-2004, 05:26 PM
Klots is good oil, I used to use it until I switched to amsoil. As far as the shock goes I don't think they will work but I'm not sure. I know the cr500 shock is longer and the mounting position on the bottom is narrower than a stock shock, the res for the 500 shock will probably get in the way of the airbox to if its an older model shock.

ScottZJ
06-26-2004, 05:32 PM
:p :p :p :p

69HemiGTX
06-26-2004, 10:52 PM
You are going to get a lot of different opinions about the oil. My suggestion is for you to try to find some local shops and ask them what they recommend. They have torn down engines that run on all sorts of different lubricants, so they have a grasp on what's good. Personally, I won't run anything but Maxima. I have seen the data from many tests conducted by Suzuki (I have a few factory mechanic friends), and it was impressive. Plus, I have talked to the owner, Dick Lechien (Factory Suzuki GNCC racer Ron Lechien's father), and he is genuinely concerned about his products. In the end, it really comes down to cost and personal preferrence. Klotz, Blendzall, Amzoil, Maxima, Silkoline, Bel Ray, Yamalube, Castrol, whatever. All of them are good. About the shock, I have no clue.

Trike Dude
06-26-2004, 11:17 PM
I run amsoil in most my machines. I was recommend the Castrol TTS by the guy at FTZ engines who rebuilt my 83. I will probably just start running amsoil through it though.