PDA

View Full Version : Help asap! 350X and registration questions...

250RWANTER
06-25-2004, 04:08 PM
I have a few questions...I am going to look at a 1985 350X for sale and I think I can get it for CHEAP. Complete, needs carb work, and two new tires. Seat has been recovered, etc. Everything else is complete.

Also, guy says he doesnt have paperwork. He lost contact with the guy he got it from. How would I go about getting the paperwork for registration?

There is a picture attached. What is this trike worth...or what would you pay? He says it takes a while to start, but the gas lines are messed up and the carb needs a rebuild.

anything special to look for?

84honda 200X
06-25-2004, 04:15 PM
All you should need is the vin number to bring to your license place and they should gibe you a registration thats what i did with my 200X

250RWANTER
06-25-2004, 04:21 PM
okay but arent they gonna wonder where I got the bike? Even if he gives me a bill of sale, arent they gonna want one from the guy before him?

350Kris
06-25-2004, 06:12 PM
There are more things wrong with the bike than he told you. It is hard to see in the pic, but take a close look at the rear fender and how he has it mounted. In fact, the fenders don't look like 350x fenders. Again, it may be from the pic. Just check it out. You may want to make sure the forks are straight too. If I'm right on my hunches I'd offer $750 and go from there.

threewheelin-feelin
06-25-2004, 06:18 PM
i dont think those r 350x fenders either and looks like the gas tank ant on right

84honda 200X
06-25-2004, 06:21 PM
They shouldnt tell them who you got it from if they ask but all you need is the vin number. If it was stolen almost all crooks file off the vin numbers so it cant be traced.

RichinMO
06-26-2004, 12:55 AM
Don't know about the rest of the bike but it has an '86 front end on it. the back fenders are 400ex.

250RWANTER
06-26-2004, 01:43 AM
Well, I made a mistake, it is advertised as a 1986, not an 85. and its alot cheaper than I was told to offer so far.

I am thinking I cant go wrong. I can always get another set of fenders...right?
he just said its hard to start. he got it to fix, but never got the pink from th previous owner so he thinks its worthless. he was actually selling it as a parts bike.

TimSr
06-26-2004, 10:53 AM
Keep in mind, registrations are handled by the state. What one states procedure is, is not relevant to what another state may require. You need to contact your state's Dept of Motor Vehicles or get input from someone who lives in your state.

nipper
06-26-2004, 02:25 PM
whats the advantages of registering a trike?

ATCnut
06-26-2004, 04:14 PM
Out here in the west, you need a registration to ride in most of the good spots. They are run either by the state or the Feds, and current tabs or ORV sticker is required.

plkmonster2
06-26-2004, 05:49 PM
Hey ATCNut, where do you live? I live near the west coast too. Yes, around here, if you ride on anythign but your property, they will check for registration. You also need to present your title. If you don't have your title, you need a 60 day permit to ride, which is like 10 bucks... If you don't have this stuff, you can either get a 112 dollar ticket, or have your trike taken away....

Yardbird
06-27-2004, 01:00 AM
I registered my 350X in SoCal and I didn't have any paperwork. I went to the DMV and I filled out couple of forms. One describing how I got the trike. I knew where the 350X came from because I bought it back in '85 but lost the paperwork for it. So after filling out some forms they gave them back and gave me the number for the CHP. I had to go down to their office and they inspected the trike, ran the VIN and after it was done signed off on the paperwork. I went back to the DMV, they registered it and that was it. So as long as the bike wasn't stolen and they can read the frame VIN then you got no problemo. Good luck!! :TrikesOwn