PDA

View Full Version : First trike backflip ???

canadiandevil2
06-24-2004, 10:20 PM
i found this pic today and I know there was a big thred a while back about the first trike backflip but i think its already happened..... I dunno mabie the pic is fake
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/pppics/satc250sx011xDomokosATC250sx_.jpg

hondaATCman
06-24-2004, 11:15 PM
Its real, but look at the roll cage!! I would try it with that thing, and it has a seatbealt. It didn't look like he landed either. lol

Trike Dude
06-24-2004, 11:35 PM
I wonder if he bent the forks when he came down on the front end?

eh_tee_see
06-25-2004, 05:20 AM
i always wonder why that has a big red front end

short4stuff
06-25-2004, 08:42 AM
I think its a front flip ... you just drive then hit the front brakes, and it rolls like that, I Have seen it done with a truck before On like a tv show and it has a roll cage like that.

trikerider2oo7
06-25-2004, 09:18 AM
all he would have to do is a wheelie and roll it over backwards. i would do it...easy

Jeb
06-25-2004, 09:19 AM
I was watching 7 greatest wonders of motorcycles on Discovery the other night. They showed Mike Metzger pull off a back-flip AND while he was upside down he did a heal clicker! I was a big fan of MX and SuperCross during the late 80's and early 90s. I still like it but don't follow it like I used to. I don't keep up with the free style any but that was a killer trick. Of course, he was on a CR and not a trike, but still it's just unreal that they even do that on MX bikes.

Anyway, that trike pic is of the late Doug Domokos, AKA the Wheelie King. I scanned the pic out of a 1989 edition of ATV Sports.

As said before, he basically just locked up the front end and rolled over. The rest of the article has got him riding wheelies across tight ropes and several other tricks. There's old pics of him wheelie-ing dirt bikes so far back he's destroying the rear fender dragging it in the dirt! I think he's got the Guinness record for longest wheelie. I guess he still owns that title.

short4stuff
06-25-2004, 09:43 AM
all he would have to do is a wheelie and roll it over backwards. i would do it...easy

ya but if you moving frontward doing a wheelie the thing would have to roll backward, and we know that won't happen lol.

I think Jeb is right .. he just hits his front brakes.

BigGreenMachine
06-25-2004, 11:49 AM
So its possible to do a stoppie on a trike? Or is the weight of the cage making it possible for him to stoppie and then roll?

canadiandevil2
06-25-2004, 11:52 AM
but if you look at the pic closley the cage is not touching the ground so that means hes flipping right?

Glenn J
06-25-2004, 12:51 PM
i always wonder why that has a big red front end

Probably for less travel. Looks like that thing is fairly lowered.

threewheelin-feelin
06-25-2004, 12:59 PM
its the first ever trike front flip!!!!!!

trikeman
06-25-2004, 03:48 PM
I was watching a show on TLC, cant really remember the name, it was like _______ armageddon, anyways, the guy had something like a 125 set up like that, and he could hit the brakes and roll. He could also ride a 3wheeler on tightropes,suspeded in the air, while riding a wheelie. But he's dead now after getting in a fatal accident during one of his stunts.

Tecate performance
06-26-2004, 01:22 AM
thats Doug Domokus, hes dead now though. he had a bunch of trikes and quads set up for wheelying and stunts like this. he had this 185s that had separate braking on the rear wheels so he could turn in a wheelie.

short4stuff
06-26-2004, 09:07 AM
thats Doug Domokus, hes dead now though. he had a bunch of trikes and quads set up for wheelying and stunts like this. he had this 185s that had separate braking on the rear wheels so he could turn in a wheelie.

Really.
he must of been using a custom rear end or a kawi rear end with a differental.

DChase
06-26-2004, 12:56 PM
Yea, I've seen this guy(Doug Domokos AKA The Wheelie King) in a lot of my old 3 and 4 wheel Action mags. He apparently started off riding motorcross, and he caught the attention of Factory Kawasaki I think for being able to ride a wheelie around the entire motorcross track. They signed him to promote skilled and safe ATV riding in like the late 70's maybe. Then he went to Factory Honda in the early 80's. And yea, the guy is in the guiness book of world records for a 145 mile wheelie, and the only reason he stopped is because he ran out of gas. I'm not positive but I think it was done on a 3 wheeler too! I remember he had some crazy brake setup on the rear axle so he could steer when doing a wheelie without having to try to lean the 3 wheeler. Pretty cool huh, I also remember he was a real positive guy, he did a lot of shows for childrens hospitals, and he was all about charity and helping kids.

Oh yea, I was a front flip he did, not a back flip. He built the cage so he could go pretty fast and just smash the front brake and do an endo, then he would keep momentium and do 2-4 front flips on the cage and wheels of course then ride away in a wheelie. Pretty nuts right, you would have to go pretty fast to do 4!