PDA

View Full Version : Old School R this week hopefully

Billy Golightly
06-21-2004, 11:23 PM
I've been eyeballin this thing for several years, after riding holics at TF I figured I should go ahead and make an effort to pick it up. I stopped and checked it out once several years ago (Some of you might remember the post). It was definetly a racer, has a red front number plate, flat track rear tires, I can't remember what all else. I do remember one thing which is TC Racing was engraved on the head. Its been sitting out in the guys yard for about 5 years I know atleast. I'm going to go by there thursday and knock on his door with some cash in my pocket and see if I can get him to turn loose of it. Its in rough shape I know, but hopefully its got some rare goodies on it.

BigGreenMachine
06-21-2004, 11:41 PM
wicket, ill have to search for that post but the bike sounds cool. after seeing holics in a few pics i must say i like it alot. good luck to you

Billy Golightly
06-22-2004, 09:16 AM
Actually it was so long ago that it wasn't even on this forum, or the phpbb one. It was waaaay on back during the ezboard. I'll look ad see if I can find the post, but I its probably gone now.

BigGreenMachine
06-22-2004, 12:38 PM
yes i figured that too, is there no way to search the archives or would it predate the archives as well?

Billy Golightly
06-22-2004, 12:47 PM
I tried to get on the old ezboard but it looks like they've deleted it since it was inactive, oh well.

Dan Tenn
06-22-2004, 12:57 PM
I believe that the "TC" marking on the head would be for Tommy Crawford. Are rarity for sure. :D

If Tommy built the bike, its probably got a TC pipe also.

83185s
06-22-2004, 01:05 PM
sounds pretty sweet...i like r's but i may be gettin an 86 t-3

Billy Golightly
06-22-2004, 01:10 PM
You mean Tom Carlson Dan? Thats main thing that interests me in the trike, I know it had to have been a racer, and with engine work done by TC Racing it almost has to have other aftermarket goodies on it.

Dan Tenn
06-22-2004, 04:17 PM
TC exhaust out of Cali. is Tommy Crawford. He makes pipes for anything if he has a jig. I assumed Tommy Crawford, but I could be talking out of my trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro also. :confused:

Billy Golightly
06-22-2004, 04:29 PM
Oh ok, I didn't know if you meant Tom Carlson of TC-Racing but had the names mixed up.

Honestly I don't know for sure with TC it is...I'd guess it was Tom Carlsons outfit though. I'll take pictures when I get it.

200xalltheway
06-22-2004, 08:09 PM
did ya ask the guy the last time ya stopped in if he's willing to sell it. i hope you get that thing.........good luck!!

Billy Golightly
06-22-2004, 10:34 PM
Yeah...The run around I got last time is it belonged to some friend of his but he was suppose to be fixing it and already had it for like 5 years. If I recall right, something was wrong with the rear brake caliper (The guy showed it to me, he was actually really nice) he said people stop and ask him about it all the time, I dunno. I figure if nothing else when I show up with cash I can convince him on a "Finders Fee" if he'll get me in touch with the guy that owns it. I want it bad.

Trikeaholic
06-22-2004, 10:40 PM
the free air sure has gained in popularity latley, or at least they are not poo-pooed anymore. Im glad that everyone that rode mine had nice things to say about it. They are bad azz bikes, no doubt. If I could only find a DG boost bottle, I would be psyched.

Billy Golightly
06-24-2004, 10:56 PM
Well...I went by there today and It didn't turn out to well. There was a jeep in the driveway with a creeper under it, and the garage door was open so I assume someone was home. I beat on the door 3 different times and no one came and aswered so I left. I kinda glanced at the trike on my way to the door (Didn't want to go trapsing around a dudes yard) and it looks even rougher then I remember...number plate is gone too. Gonna try again tomorrow.

BigGreenMachine
06-25-2004, 11:12 AM
Keep on it, sounds like a nice bike. So the bike is just sitting there on his lawn in front of his house? What a waste, doesnt sound like its used by anyone so why would it be kept around littering up his front yard?

threewheelin-feelin
06-25-2004, 12:51 PM
lol we have this guy doing th same thing with a 70 chevelle has it sitting in the yard rusting and wont sale it to us :rolleyes:

350Xccelerator
06-25-2004, 01:17 PM
i hate people like that, once my dad was building a wall at some ladys house i went to help and in the garage was a nice ct70 this thing had about 10 layers of dust all over it i wiped the seat and the dust didnt even come off, so when she came out i asked her if shed sell it to me and she laughed and said no, and i asked why and she said she didnt know, i asked her, who rides it and she said no one but.. i dont know. and went inside. dumb biotch

threewheelin-feelin
06-25-2004, 01:57 PM
lmfao thats funny :p

Billy Golightly
06-25-2004, 02:41 PM
Yeah...its gonna be a rough one if I can manage to get it. I haven't went back today yet, don't think I'll be able today. Maybe this weekend sometime, gotta catch someone when their in the yard.