PDA

View Full Version : Cop pulled me over because of 250R in back of my truck

Mike Fort Laud
12-27-2002, 01:16 PM
I was going riding yesterday and a local davie cop pulled me over for absolutly no reason...........I thought. I asked what the problem was and to my surprise he started to ask me about my 250R and where I ride it. I explained how it is a "TRACK BIKE ONLY" and I never ride it. Well come to find out he just wanted my name and such because there have been a few reports of some fast 3 wheeler that had outrun some cops several times over the past few months. And especially last Sunday night. (They were in an undercover Silver Explorer). He said he always chases Quads but there are not that many 3 wheelers around he chases. I reassured him that it could not have been mine because I have it geared for track use and it's top speed was only probably 45 MPH.(HA HA HA) He looked at the bike real close and reminded me that they are not to be ridden on the street. I said that is why i always put it in my truck to go to a safe place to ride it. Basically I think he was trying to tell me that I out ran him about a month ago, and not to let him see me ever have that thing on the road again. So I guess I need to settle down on the evening rides down the back streets for awhile. He must have been one of few Cops that I have run from, and he finally caught up with me but all he could do was get my name and remind me those things are for off road use only. And as I drove away all I could do was laugh and say Sucker......... I guess I got caught but there is no law about having one in the back of the truck,but he kind of acted like next time the cops see a 3 wheeler out run them he may just come by my house to make sure it was not mine. But it probably will be!!!!!

Trikeaholic
12-27-2002, 02:10 PM
thats a good tale, sounds like Roscoe and Enos got foiled again. Too bad he's got your name, now, I guess that effectivley prevents street riding.

Wickedfinger
12-28-2002, 12:26 AM
I would have told that bacon doughnut to mind his own trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro business!

torn
12-28-2002, 01:54 AM
hey mike fort lauder your trike moves sound the go.....
give it to those coppers.
street trikes i love riding my 250r on the street havent nailed any cops down here but.
so whats your street set up keen to know
keep burning rubber

torn
12-28-2002, 02:30 AM
mike
trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro man i just checked out your machine at trikeriders.com
mate that is the nicest 250r round dude,
nice to see your retained original colours
sweet bike
do you know of any hoosier front tires any where
cheers

Instinctz
12-28-2002, 03:19 AM
Holy he!!, those have got to be the most f'ed up two posts I have ever read.

torn
12-28-2002, 06:24 AM
go instinct, obvious you have been bifted by a few 250r's, if you even got ya leg over one.
yeap you always be at the back of the pack

tony_250r
12-28-2002, 06:44 AM
That's a cool story, and you do have a nice bike.
My set-up is almost just like yours, I know you ripped um a new one. I've smoked the cops a couple of time up here in the desert. I also lost once while escaping " I high-sided it in a wash, but still got away"..

torn
12-28-2002, 06:55 AM
tony 250r
sounds like you got some cool stories too
what is your trike set up dude

tony_250r
12-28-2002, 02:06 PM
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/y2k_anthony/lst?.dir=/250R+In+Action&.view=t

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/y2k_anthony/lst?.dir=/250R+and+RC%27s&.view=t

This is my set-up,
[list]
3rd Stage Porting By Wes Gelbert/Boyesen
K&N Air Filter
Bored Stock Carb
Boyesen Radd Valve
White Bro's Air Box Vents
RPM Exhaust Flange
RPM Timing
Sidewinder Sprockets
Sidewinder Gold O-Ring Chain
FMF Fatty Pipe
FMF Power Core II
Renthol Handle Bars
909 Gel Grips
Tethered Kill Switch
Hauler Paddles for sand and Holeshot II's for everything else
Douglas Wheels
3 Stage Powder Coat "Metallic Cream Blue With Clear Coat"
Chrome Accessories
Rebuilt From The Bottom Up
[/list:u]

torn
12-28-2002, 04:43 PM
nice set up tony, bet that thing goes strong,
cool pics
hey do many guys run them in track set up
we still race atc's on tracks and mx's down here
lawyers havent got on to them yet

HemiChallenger71
12-28-2002, 05:09 PM
I think part of the reason why I got pulled over was because of my 3 wheeler, but thats besides the point. What really sucks is when someone rats on you and you have to drive to the cop station to recieve your ticket...

tony_250r
12-28-2002, 10:26 PM
Thanks.

Not many track set-ups, mainly sand drag and hill shooting.