PDA

View Full Version : help needed

bob 8_3
06-17-2004, 07:23 PM
help my yamaha 3 wheeler chain has come off and it has alot of slack in it is there anyway to tighten the chain?also i don't know what year it is but it is a 200 and has a pull start with the clutchless 5 speed transmission.any help would be grateful

Yamada
06-17-2004, 08:32 PM
You should loosen 4 bolts I think and there's an other small bolt that you can screw on. I think you will need new sprockets and chain.

TheOlderFox
06-17-2004, 11:05 PM
Ya, there are bolts in the back the hold the axle on which will need to be loosened so that you can use the chain adjuster to pull the axle backwards. Make sure that you tighten everything down well when you are done. There should be a little play in the chain. You may need a new chain and sprockets though. If the teeth are worn on one side so that they all are pointing more in a circle dirction then straight out, you need to replace them. If you look on the stearing stem tube under the forks there should be a sticker with your trikes year, if not find the number on the frame or engine and compare just so you know. The model numbers are posted here if you search for them.

TheOlderFox
06-17-2004, 11:09 PM
Oh and welcome to the site. I think you will like it here!!