PDA

View Full Version : Who's good for international parts supply?

EZ in NZ
06-17-2004, 12:14 AM
This one's more for the guys everywhere BUT the US. Who is good to deal with for international parts? I'm wanting a Uni-filter for my 200X but don't know who will be willing to supply me and who I can trust.

Not ebay either. I get pissed off reading "ship within US only" everytime I find something I want!

The local shop will get me one but why pay his % as well as wait 6 weeks. I may as well get it sent to my door direct.

Any feedback appreciated.

Andy

malrider
06-17-2004, 01:55 AM
Hey there EZ, I can tell you of one NOT to try. I have been trying to order a heap of bits from Hyperparts.com. The pricks wont even reply to the emails (4 so far) asking if they got the order ! Was around $700 US, so I think they have missd out.

Also, is it true that beer gets delivered over there to the pubs in tanker trucks ??( just like petrol ??) I had a beer last night with a couple of Kiwi's who may or may not been pulling my leg !!
Regds Malrider

malrider
06-17-2004, 02:06 AM
Also, had a look at your web site - great stuff ! I ride a 2002 Honda Firestorm at the moment, but at looking at trading to this years HD "NightTrain" - the back is getting too old for Jap Racers! How is the rake on yours...40 degrees !! Great paint work to!

Mobular
06-17-2004, 02:23 AM
Try www.royaldistributing.com
is in Canada

and more particularly, go to page 103 in the ATV catalogue for the K&N filters.

200Xjapan
06-17-2004, 02:46 AM
BTO (http://www.btosports.com/), Bob's cycle supply (http://www.bobscycle.com/), and Dennis Kirk (http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/common/Frontpage.jsp) are the places where I get my parts.

EZ in NZ
06-17-2004, 02:52 AM
Cool ,thanks Malrider. I'll avoid them.

Mobular, that's a good site but they're not listing a Uni for my trike. I'll keep them in mind for anything else in the future though.

Any other sites guys?

(Malrider...They used to deliver beer that way. Huge tanker trucks. Haven't seen them around though for a long time and a lot of pubs just have rows and rows of kegs they hook up to the lines these days. Yep...40 degree rake. My first custom paint job. I'm pretty happy with it. Might even flame the trikes one day! The Nightrain is a good looking bike - especially with those new 88b engines. Thump away all day no problem)

malrider
06-17-2004, 02:57 AM
Thx EZ, I now have a picture in my mind of the MAD MAX 2 movie, when they were trying to hijack the tanker of fuel !!

I agree about the nite train. I have a thing for V twins ( have owned 2 dukes before the firestorm) Maybe its time to move up in the world ??

marshallfester^australia
06-17-2004, 07:24 AM
Hi Guys, sad to here that Hyperparts.com. cant get there act together for malrider, I have contacted and used them and they have been up front and ok, they are properly to scared to reply to malrider because of the stories that Victorians cant play football and have two heads! LOL_ Who ever you use Make sure ask them about postage cost before you do the deal, the amount of times people on e-bay and company's have tried to sting me for shipping is be on a joke, check out this site for shipping info and if they try to charge you handling cost, drop them like a hot plate of cockys s##t.[http://www.usps.com.....Regards Fester. :beer

Howdy
06-17-2004, 07:58 AM
I can get some parts also. I don't have a actual parts web site ( yet ), but I sell a lot on Ebay. I also have been known to sell items here also. I do my best to help out. ;)
Howdy

EZ in NZ
06-17-2004, 03:14 PM
Thanks Guys....

Uni filter have emailed me a distributer for their filters here in NZ so I will call them today for a price. I know it's a $20US filter and so far one guy here has said he can get me one for $75NZ and it will take 6 weeks!!!! Even with the $$ exchange rate it shouldn't be more than about $50NZ with freight.

Howdy, are you able to get these Uni filters if this local guy doesn't work out?

Andy

Howdy
06-17-2004, 03:39 PM
Thanks Guys....

Uni filter have emailed me a distributer for their filters here in NZ so I will call them today for a price. I know it's a $20US filter and so far one guy here has said he can get me one for $75NZ and it will take 6 weeks!!!! Even with the $$ exchange rate it shouldn't be more than about $50NZ with freight.

Howdy, are you able to get these Uni filters if this local guy doesn't work out?

Andy

Yes I can get these filters. I think I have 1 or 2 200x uni filters on hand right now.
Howdy

EZ in NZ
06-17-2004, 08:35 PM
Right....Sounds good Howdy. I'd rather do the deal with you if we can. I'll send you a PM

Andy

Howdy
06-18-2004, 07:58 AM
Right....Sounds good Howdy. I'd rather do the deal with you if we can. I'll send you a PM

Andy

Got your PM. I will reply later today after I double check my inventory. ;)
Howdy