PDA

View Full Version : ATC 90 electrical problems

Fordman302
06-12-2004, 06:04 PM
On my atc 90 I have rebuilt the engine and I rode it for a while and it just up and dies. So I take it home and no spark. I take the coil and get it tested and all is good there. I go back home and put it in and still no spark. I take the coil back out and I find a broken wire so I solder it back together and put the coil back in and still no spark. So I break out the test light and I un plug my black wires coming from my stator put the test light n there and pull the thing over light lights up so I figure I'm getting power there. Next I plug the test lght into the yellow wire coming out of the stator and the light dosen't light up. Is this yellow wire suppost to have power there or not? Then i plug it into the green wire going to my points pull it over and ithe test light lights up. So does anybody have any idea what could be the matter with my electrical system? I really dont want to take this thing to a dealer to fix because I dont think its worth the 65 dollars an hour that they charge. sO any help would be greatly appreciated

ClayW
06-12-2004, 06:11 PM
Most yellow wires I have ran into should have power. I know this is the case on my SX and Big Red.

Clay

Fordman302
06-12-2004, 09:17 PM
ok i will have to look into that. anybody have any other ideas what could be wrong?