PDA

View Full Version : 125m problems

Xtreme_415
06-12-2004, 10:45 AM
Is there a way i can tighten the clutch on a 125m? i tightened the nut on the side cover all the way down, it drives but it slips when i give it gas....

ClayW
06-12-2004, 04:32 PM
The way you adjust the clutch on it is as follows. First get a open end box end wrench. I use the open end and loosen the nut ( to the left ). Some times the threaded bolt with the slot moves with the nut so put a screw drive in the slot to keep it from moving. After the nut is loose, turn the threaded part with the slot to the left until it bottoms out or stops turning. Now turn it back to the right a 1/4 turn. Stop and Get the wrench and tighten the nut. Keep in mind that the threaded bolt with the slot for the screwdriver may want to turn so put your screwdriver on it to hold it in place. Hold it in place and tighten the nut down snug. The clutch should be properly adjusted then. Tightening the nut just holds the adjuster in place. Try it. If it still slips your clutches may be very worn. Hope this helps. :beer

ClayW :TrikesOwn

Xtreme_415
06-12-2004, 04:40 PM
the slotted screw is all the way screwed to the right, i can't go any farther....i have 2 clutches and the do the same thing

ClayW
06-12-2004, 06:07 PM
Yes I uderstand, but that slotted screw should be much much more over to the left. You are saying its all the way to the right. It shouldnt be. It should be all the way to the left. All the way. Then turn it to the Right a quarter turn. If im not mistaken all the way to the right will make the clutches real loose. All the way to the right will make it tight as hell. Wont even go into gear. Or if it does it wont shift out. This is how I adjust my trikes clutch per the honda service manual. ATC 70, 250SX, & 250 Big Red. My Big Red was shifting real stiff a month ago. So I went thru this procedure. When it was all said and done the slotted screw was further to the left than when I started. Hince it shifts like a champ now.

Clay

Xtreme_415
06-12-2004, 06:41 PM
it still slips all the way to the left....il'e try to find another clutch, thanks for the help

Xtreme_415
06-12-2004, 06:44 PM
i see in your signature you have a gutted 125m...still have the clutch for it?

ClayW
06-12-2004, 06:46 PM
No, all I have left is a good looking gas tank, footpegs, cdi box, starter relay/solinoid, forks assembly, frame, and front axle assembly. Thats it. Oh and wheels too. No tires. :beer

Xtreme_415
06-14-2004, 09:28 PM
i found out that clutch slips only when the engine gets hot...cuz when i park for the night, the next day i start her up and it does'nt slip for like 15 mins...any idea what causes that?

ClayW
06-14-2004, 10:05 PM
Maybe the clutch is worn a bit and when the oil warms up it get thinner and that causes the slippage. Maybe you should drain a little oil and add some STP additive to it and see what it does. Not the whole bottle. but maybe 30% of it and see what gives. I know that oil can have an affect on wet clutches. What type of oil do you have in it. Weight? Synthetic?

Clay

plkmonster2
06-15-2004, 12:16 AM
To adjust the clutch, you loosen the nut, and turn the inside screw conterclockwise. It should get to a spot of resistance. Then turn the screw clockwise 1/4 of a turn. this adjustment only adjusts the clutch when you shift. When you shift, this clutch is activated by the shifter, and allows it to shift easier. if you screw it too far counterclockwise, the clutch will always be disengaged, and will slip. If this is adjusted right, and it still slips, your centrifugal clutch is worn out. Put it in 2nd and gas it. If the motor wants to revs, but then it seems like it has stopped revving, but the machine is still accelerating, then that is a sign that your clutch is going.

Xtreme_415
06-15-2004, 12:45 PM
im running Castrol 10 30, not synthetic