PDA

View Full Version : My 87 Big Red Restoration Pictures !!!!

ClayW
06-08-2004, 05:21 PM
These are some pics I took today. I am just about finished with it. I am very pleased with it so far. The only thing I am waiting on is a complete set of stickers for the tanks side covers etc... The entire. set. I hooked up with a guy online that makes stickers for ATC's. He had been wanting to do a 87 Big Red set but had nothing to work off of. So I took digital pictures of all my original stickers and and traced them. I mailed them off to him today. Hopefully in a few weeks I will have the entire set for FREE!!!!! Hell yeah. Just a perk for helping the guy. What a deal huh, especially since Honda quit making them. Tell me what you think of my pics. :Bounce

Clay :TrikesOwn

250SX_rider
06-08-2004, 05:26 PM
Looks great!
But you definately need to put some gas tank stickers on...it looks kind of weird without stickers...lol
but the rest is :cool:

atcmatt
06-08-2004, 06:08 PM
Hey Clay,

Its not like im jealous or anything :rolleyes: lol.

Very nice, looks like you put alot of effort into her. I really like the maier fenders with the built in mudflaps. Way cool. :D
Pretty cool how you get a free set of stickers, cant ask for a better dealthan that ey. I think im goign to get my fuel tank and my side panels profesionally painted like you have.

Matt

ClayW
06-08-2004, 06:29 PM
Thanks Matt. I have been working almost every evening on it for the last 2 months. Man, I have crap skattered everywhere in my garage and ajoining shop. Im going to have to clean up a bit now. LOL

jeswinehart
06-08-2004, 07:02 PM
very very nice job clay !!!
like atcmatt said ,,, nice maire fenders too ,,,, just wonder hows come i didn't get that styl when i redone my big red ,,,,,,,,

great job ,,,, john

ClayW
06-08-2004, 08:37 PM
Hey john thanks. I think Maier recently went to that style rear fenders. I was hoping they were the type I was going to get. Hey did you guys know that Maier makes the rear trunk lid for the Big Red also. $38 shipped. I didnt know they made them. No one carries them. But you can order them straight from Maier. I may get one before long. I repainted mine with some spray paint that looked good. Its a good match but the plastic is very weathered.

Clay

WannaRace400ex
06-08-2004, 09:11 PM
Sweet job, man. Looks new from here. Great job.
Eric

84250r
06-08-2004, 09:47 PM
Very nice Big red Clay. You did a great job! :)

BIGRED_87
06-09-2004, 08:56 AM
where did you get the maier fenders with the built-in mud flaps...if you don't mind my asking?

ClayW
06-09-2004, 09:26 AM
Hey no problem. I get all my parts including the fenders from www.hyperparts.com
They run about $130 plus $8 for shipping. They have the best prices around hands down.

Clay

marshallfester^australia
06-09-2004, 10:51 AM
Hey Clay, just got some prices from www.hyperparts.com and you are right, they are cheaper than most, thanks for the tip. Regards Fester

200xalltheway
06-13-2004, 12:25 AM
sweet trike!! great job.

conig
12-06-2004, 02:40 PM
Hey clay.

did the maier fenders come with the pieces that go betwwen the fenders and the tank just below the seat?

I need to get new fenders but these pieces are but scratched up and one got partly melted on my exhaust system.