PDA

View Full Version : Honda 350x in australia

pops
06-04-2004, 07:34 AM
Hi to all i have just found your forums i have a 350x 1985 trike i need some parts for her like rear fender ,manual,front axel with spacers ect ect My problem is they did not export 350x to OZ the trike was raced in the ALICE TO FINK desert race here in australia they sold the trike here after the race it hase been in storage for 14 years ,can any one help me with info on how to get the parts i need or what other model parts will fit that i can get in australia thanking you ian

atcmatt
06-04-2004, 08:20 AM
Gday Ian,

Good to see another Aussie round here. I have no help for you but I suggest you try ringing some of the Bush Wreckers way out woop woop. I have found that utility trikes are plentiful alongside 250r's for the sand at newcastle. All the time i have been into trikes, about 3 years. I have only seen one 350x for sale, it was 3000 dollars and was in mint condition.

What part of aus are you from? Im in sydney, there are a few other guys round on the boards also, few from newcastle, Wa and one form brisbane.

Speak Soon,

Matt

pops
06-04-2004, 08:46 AM
Hi matt i live in port augusta SA I owned a motor bike wreckers in port for 5 years i never came across many trikes only honda 70s tri-z and 125 i think getting parts for my 350 is going to be hard. Many places to ride in NSW do you know of any other forums on trikes in oz cheers ian

Icarus
06-04-2004, 08:57 AM
You could try Service Honda (http://www.servicehonda.com/index.html) I'm sure they would ship parts over to ya albeit it may cost a good bit for shipping, but if ya cant find any locally thats always an option. Theres also a number of aftermarket companies that may be able to help ya out, Dennis Kirk (http://www.denniskirk.com) , Bike Bandit (http://www.bikebandit.com) , JL ATV (http://www.jlatvproducts.com/index.htm) are a few and theres many more out there. Anyway, hope this helps a bit :)

pops
06-04-2004, 09:02 AM
Thanks for that i will check them out cheers ian

EZ in NZ
06-04-2004, 04:58 PM
Pops, are you sure the 350X wasn't sold in Australia? I know two guys who bought them brand new here in the mid-eighties. They must have gone to Aussie Honda dealers as well. Seems crazy if they didn't.

Andy

atcmatt
06-04-2004, 06:48 PM
Gday Pops,

If you have plenty of dosh you can just order directly from honda. Mosty parts are still available for the trikes, well the 250es anyway. I have ordered heaps of stuff for them. The only thing that i know of so far that is discontinued is the rear axel, but that is for the 250es ofcourse. Although i dont see why they ouldent still have oem stuff for the 350x. There is a site www.atcheaven.com which is owned by ric hassler who is based in newcastle. If you have rear fenders that are not in to bad condition he does fiberglass moulds, does some great work, i bought a whole set of 200es fenders from him. I also just got a heap of stickers from him also. Would recomend dealing with him anyday. If i were you i would just ring around the wreckers in sa that are in the bush. I have found heaps of trikes for sale in bush areas, they tend to be cheap aswell.

There are a few good places to ride here but i mainly ride at trailprotrailpro farm. Lots of area and bush to ride at. I guess the best place to ride would have to be stockton dunes in newcastle, kms and kms of water frontage and huge dunes to ride on. Im yet to go there, maybe once i have finished my bigred restoration.

OH btw, you got any pics of your 350x?

Later,

Matt

marshallfester^australia
06-04-2004, 08:47 PM
Hello Pops, great to see another Aussie and old fart like my self to be abroad, I tried tracking down through a mate who works for Honda to see if any 350x ever made it over here and he came up with a blank, parts where ordered back in 1992 through a dealer over in NSW but other that he could not find in info. AtcMatt and EZ in NZ (love those choppers Andy) are a info line for gear over here and NZ, Matt has put me on to gear Didn't even no was still around.If you have any photos could you post them please I would love to see the 350. Oh yeh when are you crow eaters and New South wimps going to learn how to play football. Go the EAGLES!..and for Andy------Rugby eeeerrrr stick to the choppers! lol. Regards Fester :beer

BIG BAD RED
06-05-2004, 02:57 AM
yah i live right in stockton...we take the fourby up in the dunes all the time...some sic hills out there too...few guys have died tho....it is whell worth the travle to get there....33miles or somthing of pure sand...then it is 4 wide....its crazy....there is mart too who lives not to far and is up in stoko bout once a month or so..he is in the midle of putin his air r backtogether now...and alot of trikes were not legaly imported here..there are alot of bikes and atv's that come from south africa that importers go and offer 50 bux to them out in a field and ship container loads back....

Jez
06-06-2004, 09:16 AM
Hi Ian,

Welcome to the board. I live in the UK and like you guys in Oz, parts aren't that easy to come by for the old trikes, especially the high performance stuff like the 250rs and 350xs. The best place I've found for parts is eBay US - www.ebay.com -. Most auctions state that they will only ship within the US, but if you ask the seller, most of them will be willing to ship overseas as long as you pay in $US (I find Paypal to be the most convenient as long as the seller accepts it) and cover all the extra shipping costs. Give it a go, as you'll find anything you need on there...........Plus lots of stuff you really didn't know you needed.......until that is, you see it on eBay :D

Anyway mate, Good luck and show us some pics when you have them.

Cheers,
Jez