PDA

View Full Version : 200e Intermitent spark

ATCstu
06-04-2004, 12:03 AM
Well all you experts....i have a problem with an intermitent spark,being that the trike will run great and then die with no warning.I pull out the spark plug and there is no spark if i ground it on the block....but if i pull it off the block 1/4-1/2 inch i get spark.....put spark plug back in and will not fire. I have tried 3 different coils....3 different plug wires....fuses are good....wiring looks okay......I put in different pulse coil when it had no spark last time and then it fired right up....ran great for two days,turning it off and on,and then tried to start the last time but no spark,except if i have the plug out and away from the block as mentioned about....also have tried 4 spark plugs .....I'm at wits end....."HELP PLEASE"

thefox
06-06-2004, 10:51 PM
Is this a yamaha 200e or honda 200e?

ATCstu
06-08-2004, 08:41 PM
Honda 200e

hondaman1
10-31-2004, 04:36 PM
that's the same problem I'm having! did you figure it out yet? I have a honda 200M thanks!

PlatinumDogg
10-31-2004, 10:36 PM
hmmm this is a toughie.....

There is a green wire that grounds to the frame right where your ignition coil is...i think thats what it is called, where trailprotrailpro spark plug wire comes from. Anyways, make sure that the area where the wire touches and the wire it self are clean.

Another possibility i can think of, is take off your CDI base generator cover. Take the spark advancer mechanism off and the cdi pulse generator off.

Wipe everything down with a dry towel or shop rag. Make sure no moisture is in there or the machine will run like a sack of crap.

g/l Sean

smokinp
10-31-2004, 10:39 PM
my 200s used to do that,runs great when it was cold but soon as it got warm it would sputter and then die.I put a new coil(the coil to the plug that is)and found out that my gas tank need a cleaning because it was clogged.I would try one of those...