PDA

View Full Version : 250es/sx Top Speed

almac16
06-02-2004, 09:58 PM
Hey,

I did a search and couldn't find the answer.....

I am wondering what the documented top speed of a stock 250es and 250sx is?

Anyone know right off? and where did you find out from?

ClayW
06-02-2004, 10:57 PM
I have a SX and BIG Red. I rode beside a friend that has a enduro bike the other day with the SX nearly wide open in hi gear. He said I was doing 53 mph to 54 mph when he pulled away from me. Thats with my 275 lb butt on it. Smaller guy it would likely do more. Its kinda funny. My friend has ridden both while I rode the opposite. Hes 160 lbs. Which ever one he rides is faster. If im on the Red the SX is faster. If im on the SX the Red is faster. The SX should be the faster bike due to how its geared. Big Red is geared lower for pulling and torque. I would say that with him on it it would do atleast 60 mph.

Clay

Name Brand
06-02-2004, 11:35 PM
I tried to top out my 85 SX on some mud flats and beaches this last weekend, couldn't do it. I had long, flat sections but had to keep slowing down for ditches and creeks. I was up in fifth gear but couldn't hold the throttle all the way open before having to slow down. I was going very fast and still accelerating, I would guess 50-60mph. I also weigh 140 pounds.

I could also hear and feel a big difference in how hard the engine was working between when I was sitting regularly and layed down against the gas tank and handlebars. Wind resistance is definately a factor.

My freind was on my 125m (which I've topped out around 44mph) going full speed, I was easily passing him in fourth gear.