PDA

View Full Version : 200x master cylinder interchangeability?

jakerush
06-02-2004, 02:31 PM
Guys,

I haven't had much luck with my brake system on the 200x I'm rebuilding. I have a front caliper but no master cylinder. Are all front cylinders the same? Can I go get pretty much any type of handlebar mounted master and use it?

Any other brake parts would be appreciated. I need a rear brake cylinder and caliper but it seems like most everyone else does as well. So, I figured I'd at least try and get some front brakes going.

Thanks,
Jake

samster143
06-02-2004, 03:23 PM
I would say any master cylinder will work that fits 7/8" bars. The main difference you will find is different diameter pistons in the master cylinder. This would compensate for bikes of different weights, dual front brakes, etc... If you get a larger than standard the brakes will have no feel, ie. brakes either on or off. too small and they will feel mushy. I would seek one from a CR250 or similar. My trike has one from a Honda 250x 4- wheeler. It works great. You may want to go up one size from stock as I remember the stocker to be a little weak. my .02

atctim
06-02-2004, 04:16 PM
I used a master sylinder off of a RM 80 on mine and it works fine. I think any if them will work.