PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Advice

atcmatt
06-02-2004, 07:33 AM
I have all my parts sandblasted down to bare metal. When i say parts i mean diff, brake panels, brake drums etc.

I need to know what i should do to finish them before they go back on.

I am leaning towards this ppg paint cause it sounds good. I was thinking of getting them beadblasted to bring them back to the stock sort of finish. The only reasons im not doing this is because of cost and some of the parts like the brake panels and diff are pitted in spots and they have black spots inside. They dident come off when i was sandblasting so i dont think they will come off with beadblasting. Is there an option to painting them or should i just spray them and ge the trike together?

Oh Clay, if you read this, what are you doing to your diff, brakes etc?

Any opinions welcome,

Matt

C W.
06-02-2004, 07:48 PM
I would paint them with some aluminum clored paint and slap that baby together.Then i would find the nerest mud hole and bury that sucker up to the bars.Polishing aluminum sucks,thats a mud bike it's luky to have a owner that will even paint it.You will be doing good for it just washing it.Painting it will be just awsome.Ride that beuty! :beer

ClayW
06-02-2004, 07:56 PM
Matt I just sand blasted all the rust and crap off. This ruffed up the metal real good. I then used Dupli Color 500 degree black ceramic paint. It comes in a spaycan and cost about 4 to 5 bucks a can. I used this on my SX and it came out real nice. The SX has seen some serious trails since then and it still looks good. The paint is real tuff. It doesnt scratch and chip hardly at all. I could have used something a little more high end buy why? If you wanted to go all out. Go down to the paint supply store and tell them you want some Tractor/Implement paint. Or some black urethane. Same stuff basically. Its tough stuff. Same stuff that is on your fridgerator at home. You know how that stuff holds up. Thats all I know.

Clay

atcmatt
06-03-2004, 12:54 AM
Thanks Fellas. I think i will just paint it in some aluminium colour kill rust paint out of a compressor. Should hold up ok and looks good.

Matt