PDA

View Full Version : Clutch adjustment screw wont turn? Help Please!

WannaRace400ex
06-01-2004, 11:28 AM
I went to adjust the the clutch and it wouldnt move at all, I just got done riding it and it didnt have any power so i figured the clutch was off, I just finishied a side case replacment.
Thanks fellas Eric

ClayW
06-01-2004, 10:03 PM
It wont move in either direction? Something might be bound up. Is this the 110? The reason I ask is a 125M that i had would shift but acted like it had no power. On mine with the side cover off Clutch side, looking at the side of the engine, up and to the left of the clutch drum is a little arm with a roller on the end of it. That arm and roller is spring loaded and rest on this little wheel that looks like a ninja star. This holds the tranny in gear. If this is screwed up or broke off like mine was, it will slip in between gears and make the bike have no power. It kinda stays in gear but kinda not. Hard to explain. that little arm bolts down to a aluminum piece of the case that sticks up like a collar. Mine collar and bolt broke off plum flush with the case. It needed to be welded back on and a new spring put on it. either that or a new half of the case. Thats all I know. :(

Clay

WannaRace400ex
06-01-2004, 10:38 PM
THAT IS NOT WHAT I WANTED TO HEAR!!!!! I left that piece out cause I didnt think it did anything. DAMN!!! I couldnt get it to go on right it kept poping up off of the star thing. Is there a trick. Sould the bolt that holds it be all the way tight?
Thanks Eric

ClayW
06-01-2004, 11:05 PM
I dont know it theres A trick or not. The bolt on mine was tight. Do you recall that aluminum collar on the case that the bolt bolts into. That collar sheared off on mine and the bolt was still in the collar, Tight. Is that little spring still there or do you have it. That spring is what keeps that arm under tension and holds it onto star and hense in gear. That spring kinda works like the front brake drum spring on a SX or Big Red. Maybe others. You know what im talking about. keeps the arm under tension. Keep me posted. If its not on the bike that is definately what the problem is for sure.

WannaRace400ex
06-01-2004, 11:09 PM
I didnt see a colar but i have all the parts that came out. But it kept poping up off of the star. thats why I left it off. any ideas?
Thanks Eric

ClayW
06-01-2004, 11:17 PM
Not really. The collar im talking about is actually part of the engine case. It could be the position you were bolting it down in. I will look in my manual tommorow and see what position it shows it in. Im not sure, but I think it will mount above the star. But im not certain. I will check though. Your spring might be crap. That may be why it was doing what you said. On the 110s and 125ms it is the weakest part of the tranny. This came from multiple people at multiple shops. I bought mine with it this way. It was broke when I got it. The kid that owned it was pulling a load that was way to heavy for the ATC. The stress was too much and the weakest point broke. The second weakest point is the HI LO gears. I will let you know what I find.

Clay

WannaRace400ex
06-01-2004, 11:24 PM
i have 3 springs and three arms and i tried everyone of them and it would hold a couple of times shifting but then it would pop up over the star. I guess i just need to know if it should be all the way tight or not.
Thanks Eric

ClayW
06-03-2004, 08:21 PM
Hey sorry for the long delay. My manual says that the lever must be tightened down all the way. Doesnt elaborate a lot. But it should be tight.

Clay

rob0781
07-08-2004, 03:02 AM
trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro my clutch adjustment was turning and is now stuck i never opened the case what would cause this?