PDA

View Full Version : Jerry rigging exhaust pipe question

short4stuff
05-28-2004, 10:10 AM
alright well the end on my tri-moto 175 "fell" off .... so this is my idea (until I get another pipe)

I can use it how it is BUT its really loud and I think its like a straight pipe and I dont think I have any back compression (from which I understand you need for a 2 stroke to work right).

So this is my idea :D
Take soup cans and cut them up and use self taping screws and will screw them on so the 2 pieces will be together ... Now for the question.

What I can I use to seal the holes? Someone told me fiberglass but I dont know ... do you have any ideas?

and dont tell me not to do this cause my pipe is screwed and I will buy another one soon.

Icarus
05-28-2004, 11:21 AM
Some proper size hose clamps (metal screw type) might work better and will leave no holes to be filled.

short4stuff
05-28-2004, 02:19 PM
well i am done. DONT laugh :D
http://www.3wheeler.org/vb/attachment.php?s=&postid=96787

TeCaTe_MaN
05-28-2004, 02:27 PM
alright well the end on my tri-moto 175 "fell" off .... so this is my idea (until I get another pipe)

I can use it how it is BUT its really loud and I think its like a straight pipe and I dont think I have any back compression (from which I understand you need for a 2 stroke to work right).

So this is my idea :D
Take soup cans and cut them up and use self taping screws and will screw them on so the 2 pieces will be together ... Now for the question.

What I can I use to seal the holes? Someone told me fiberglass but I dont know ... do you have any ideas?

and dont tell me not to do this cause my pipe is screwed and I will buy another one soon.

your header pipe on a 2-stroke is what gives backpressure...where it's really fat then gets thin...a shockwave is formed there that shoots back to the cylynder and forces the gas back in the chamber(cus some leaves with the exhaust) if you wont get tha cops called on you for it i'd ride it without a silencer...i love the way my tecate sounds without a silencer...but it's illegal for me to ride it like that around here....

short4stuff
05-28-2004, 02:38 PM
ya but the 175 and 125 are different .. the pics are **** up ... its a one piece .. look and see this is the 125 pipe .. but the 175 is almost the same.

http://i22.ebayimg.com/02/i/01/cb/07/d8_1_b.JPG