PDA

View Full Version : bent rim

butterfingers1
05-20-2004, 07:35 PM
On my 200s I noticed that my rear rims are bent. One is noiticebly bent even when you go slow but neither bother when you are going. They wobble but it doesnt shake the wheeler, if you couldnt see them you wouldnt know they were bent. Is this do any harm or should I just let them be?

thehickfarmer
05-20-2004, 07:37 PM
if you say it's not shaking the wheeler or anything, then trailprotrailpro fine, just keep an eye on them, but replacing them woulden't be a bad idea

350x'inNY
05-20-2004, 07:45 PM
Depends on why they wobble..... make sure the rim/hub isn't loose on the axle. Had an old 200E when I was a kid, and seemed like the bent rim on it led to that hub and axle splines going on it.

Bruce

butterfingers1
05-21-2004, 03:23 PM
I was worried about the hub, but the splines are great and the hub doesnt have a bit of play in it, not even a little.

butterfingers1
05-21-2004, 08:46 PM
i was just out riding it and i noticed if you are on smooth ground (aka a road) you can feel the wheeler wobble a little. Is this something to worry about or should I just ride on? Thanks

C W.
05-21-2004, 11:51 PM
It doesen't mater when they are bad you will know it.It doesent hurt anythig eather.Off road bikes are made to take shaking ,wobels, or watever.I you can't tell the bike definately can't.I hit a tree so hard with my 110 when i was a kid the axle bent.The axle had a woble on the street but in the dirt you cant tell if its the terane or the equipment.But when you get your bike to go 85 MPH or more you will need new rims for sure

Beer_Smurf
05-22-2004, 12:13 AM
On a 200s with traditional tires it shouldn't be huge deal.
I would however double check the rest of the mechanicals in the rear.
Splines good and hub nuts tight.
Lug nuts tight and studs in good shape.
Axle nuts secure.
Axle bearings in good condition.