PDA

View Full Version : 200x rear shock resv. hose-replaceable??

leprogle
05-19-2004, 03:46 PM
I might buy a 200x rear shock off someone one here, but it is missing the hose going from the shock to the resevoir, is that easily replaceable, or does it have to be taken in to a shop??

C W.
05-19-2004, 05:52 PM
Sticking a new hose on ain't crap you could easely do it if you had one.Thats not your problem what sucks is with the hose off you lost all of the gas presure inside of it.and it's open to conaminents.And the oil is drained out of it to.That shock is toast it must be sent off somewere. I don't know who does that sort of stuff.Look in the back pages of one of them dirt bike magazines I geuse. :eek:

FireHead
05-19-2004, 06:13 PM
Sometimes there are local motorcycle dealers or repair shops that can do it. If there is one, then any shop in town knows that they do it. It is pretty common to have shocks rebuilt and such. If there is an MX course near by you are sure to have someone is town who can do it. Really all it takes to charge a shock is have everything sanitary inside the shock, fill it with the proper weight of oil, and then you need a tank of compressed Nitrogen.

leprogle
05-19-2004, 09:00 PM
thanks, i'm not sure if it would be worth buying, since i heard it's expensive getting them redone, but i'm gonna look into it

Beer_Smurf
05-19-2004, 10:36 PM
It is not a huge deal to put the oil and N2 back in.
I did one for an XR recently.

jason200x
05-20-2004, 10:59 AM
i dont think you can refill a 200x shock as it doesnt have the valve core liek most shocks do. But if it is possible someoen tell me how its doen

FireHead
05-20-2004, 03:56 PM
My 200X has a schrader valve on it. As it isn't something you can modify, I'm not sure why yours doesn't have one.