PDA

View Full Version : Flat Track Trikes

BradP
05-19-2004, 01:10 AM
Can anyone that has pics of flat track trikes could you please post them up ;)

86250RZ
05-19-2004, 03:56 PM
This is about as flat track as you will find. Tiger 80cc pure breed all out flat tracker (-the engine) If I dont have any luck finding original engine in the next year or 2 I was thinking of putting in a CR 80, Kx 80 or maybe even one of these spare Rotax 250's I have, im sure I could make it work with a little modding. I would hate to kill the originality of it but if I cant find the engine im not left with much of a choice.

DaAnswer2004
05-19-2004, 04:07 PM
nice back rims. why did you put that small of ones on it?

Xowner
05-19-2004, 04:29 PM
came like that

86250RZ
05-19-2004, 05:22 PM
well you beat me to it Xowner, but yes Xowner is right. The trike was built for flat track perpouses only.

C W.
05-19-2004, 05:31 PM
That little sucker is mean. You got to throw something it that thing.A air or water cooled 125 motor would be neat as s#!t.

200xalltheway
05-19-2004, 06:43 PM
man that little thing is sweet!

BradP
05-20-2004, 12:05 AM
86250RZ Just like every one else said that thing is sweet. Does anybody have any pics of a bigger trike like a 250R or Tecate? If not thats fine.

Dan Tenn
05-20-2004, 08:59 AM
I would hate to kill the originality of it but if I cant find the engine im not left with much of a choice.

You could always sell it to someone who has a KTM80 motor :D

Let me know before you hack apart a beauty. Give it time to find a motor, mine found me. Now I just need the trike to put it in.

Trikeaholic
05-20-2004, 11:42 AM
nice back rims. why did you put that small of ones on it?

:rolleyes:

86250RZ
05-20-2004, 12:48 PM
You could always sell it to someone who has a KTM80 motor :D

Let me know before you hack apart a beauty. Give it time to find a motor, mine found me. Now I just need the trike to put it in.

Alright Dann Tenn you know my family is part of the New Orleans Mafia, if I dont recieve that 80cc engine in 7 days you may have trouble on your hands, you know that little ole engine is not worth the pains I can put you through...j/k :D :D

Let me know when you decide to part with that engine, i'll keep my trike untill I give up on finding original engine then I'll just throw something else in there.

Lots_Of_Nothing
05-20-2004, 12:58 PM
man that tiger is cool, wiiiide axle, i bet that thing would be fun as hell to rip up a dirt road with., although judging by the pics im a little big for it, LOL.

Dan Tenn
05-20-2004, 04:04 PM
Alright Dann Tenn you know my family is part of the New Orleans Mafia, if I dont recieve that 80cc engine in 7 days you may have trouble on your hands, you know that little ole engine is not worth the pains I can put you through...j/k :D :D

Let me know when you decide to part with that engine, i'll keep my trike untill I give up on finding original engine then I'll just throw something else in there.

I was browsing through a bunch of crap at a buddy's farm when I happened upon the motor still in the frame. I asked what it was and he said an old KTM80 that used to rip. Had an incident with the bike vs. tractor, tractor won. He said the motor ran even after the accident, but the rest was shot. He gave it to me, and it is currently a paper weight in the shop. I would not have even thought about taking it, but I knew about the Tiger so I had to take it. Let me know when your ready to deal on that roller. :D

86250RZ
05-20-2004, 06:10 PM
I was browsing through a bunch of crap at a buddy's farm when I happened upon the motor still in the frame. I asked what it was and he said an old KTM80 that used to rip. Had an incident with the bike vs. tractor, tractor won. He said the motor ran even after the accident, but the rest was shot. He gave it to me, and it is currently a paper weight in the shop. I would not have even thought about taking it, but I knew about the Tiger so I had to take it. Let me know when your ready to deal on that roller. :D

You need to sell me that paper weight of an engine you've got. I tell you what I will trade you a Rotax 250 for it that came out of a Tiger. There is no way in he11 that im going to sell this roller (well unless you make an offer I cant refuse, every thing has its price), not try to be a smart trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro just telling the truth. I will install some sort of engine (KX 80 CR80) in this trike one way or another. I would rather it be original but I think this little trike would turn a lot of heads no matter what was in it. Let me know what you want to do.

86250RZ
05-20-2004, 06:19 PM
I did find this KTM 80 for $800.00 which is a hell of a deal but he lives about 1,200 miles from here and shipping was out of sight but I may just have to bite the bullet if I dont find another one or talk you out of the one you have ;) .

FireHead
05-20-2004, 06:27 PM
Please excuse my ignorance, but am I am correct in the assumption that KTM's of this era have Rotax engines in them? If so, screw it and go get the bike. It will be far cooler if it has an original'ish engine in it. Besides the color purple is bad ass. I especially like the purple can on the silencer.

86250RZ
05-20-2004, 06:59 PM
Trikeaholic (im pretty sure thats who it was) did a little research and found out that the KTM 80 was indeed made by Rotax.

ChrisD
05-22-2004, 03:12 PM
Hi guys

I guess that I'm the only one with a dedicated flat tracker. It's my ice racer.
It has: ESR330 motor, HRC short track tank kit, durablue 2+2 axel, 85 style 2 stage springs (little one removed to lower the bike), durablue adjustable rear strut and a whole bunch of other mods.

Sorry for those that have seen these pics before, but the only time I use it is the winter, so I don't have any new pics of it.

BradP
05-23-2004, 01:04 AM
Man thanks Chris thats what I was lookin for. Now I need to find a trike to try and make it look like an old school Flat Track Racer.

ChrisD
05-23-2004, 09:19 PM
Two more I found on the computer when I was searching for something else.

1 This was Marty Hart's flat track / MX bike. It can serve both roles, but this pic shows his bike as a flat tracker.

2. This was a pic of my bike without the rear fenders on it. I was swapping out the stock tank for the short track tank kit.

Trikeaholic
05-23-2004, 10:21 PM
here is a trike built specifically for flat track, ready to race right out of the box, just add gas and some cohones....

when I got it, it was set really low, there are 2 mounts on the swingarm for the shock, to raise or lower the ride hieght. I set it on the higher one, and raised the forks back up in the triples. (not going to be racing this anytime soon!)

FireHead
05-23-2004, 10:52 PM
That is possibly my new favorite trike of all time, pending someone havin a Tiger 500 in the same condition.

ChrisD
05-23-2004, 11:00 PM
Hey 'Holic

would you consider doing an ice race next winter? I won't use the 330. I have another "sort of stock" 250R and my buddy has an 86 Tecate. I'l love to have a shootout. What to you think?

Trikeaholic
05-24-2004, 08:02 AM
As fun as that sounds, I would be afraid of wrecking it! Its purely eye candy. I do ride it around the yard, where I wont be able to hit trees, other people, and no dirt will get on it. As of Now, its still got the original tires on it, complete with all the holes from the Ice studs! It was purchased originally for Ice track by a guy in Rochester, NY.