PDA

View Full Version : 350x pet c o c k available??

Trikeaholic
05-18-2004, 07:23 PM
freakin thing leaks like a sieve. after haspin last year, I had major fuel flow problems due to a rusty, cruddy tank. I took it off, removed the pet$%*! and waited for my kreem kit to show up. The Kreem worked great, tank looks new, but when I put gas in it, the dam thing leaked like crazy from behind the knob (not the threaded connection) I figured the o ring dried out or something (it does NOT leak in the "off" position) it stopped, and I figured the o-ring swelled back up from the contact with the fuel. Well, today 15 days from my vacation (trikefest) it started to leak again. I guess I need to replace it. Is this part available from Honda?? What should I do??

dividebyzero
05-18-2004, 07:49 PM
I have wondered this myself.I have bought 2 new petcocks(1 for the 452)and mine have done the same thing.This morning i noticed a puddle underneath the 452,found out i forgot to turn the gas off.I have always been religious on turning the gas off.If i leave the gas on for the raptors,it's fine,wtf?Different setup?

Trikeaholic
05-18-2004, 08:16 PM
mine leaks like crazy, running or not if the gas is on. Its peeing me off!

C W.
05-18-2004, 08:23 PM
You can probebly get a new one no problem.but i have seen a darn good repair brfore.You drill out those little rivets the two that hold the selector valve in they go through the plate that says on ,off ,reserv.Then go to NAPA or what ever and match up the Oring ,You then replace the rivets with tiny screws be nice to it though cause the the valve body is some real crapy pot metal.

packhamstruck
05-18-2004, 08:23 PM
My one trike does the same, leaks when its on (ON), but when it on off or reserve its fine, so i just drive it in reserve.

let me know if there is a way to rebuild it or if you can get them factory

350x'inNY
05-18-2004, 08:55 PM
Or........ I might have an extra one in my 'pile-o-parts' here in the shop or whatever you referred to it on the phone last night!!

Not sure of the condition of it, it was on my 'Go-Go' girl when I bought it, seemed to work. I bought a different tank for it, so I kept it as a spare.

Bruce

Trikeaholic
05-18-2004, 09:06 PM
You can probebly get a new one no problem.but i have seen a darn good repair brfore.You drill out those little rivets the two that hold the selector valve in they go through the plate that says on ,off ,reserv.Then go to NAPA or what ever and match up the Oring ,You then replace the rivets with tiny screws be nice to it though cause the the valve body is some real crapy pot metal.

Ill try that, got nothing to lose!

C W.
05-18-2004, 09:22 PM
---------------------------------

jeswinehart
05-19-2004, 12:02 AM
trikeaholic ,,, i have 2 laying on my desk for you. one is defintly a leaker and the other i think is good. wich ones ,,,, not a stinking clue !
pm your mailing address and both will be on their way to you.
hey ,,,, at least you can practice the rivet drilling method if all else fails.

john

whiteman350x
05-19-2004, 12:05 PM
The bowl and o-ring are still available. Just bought both. I think the 250sx uses the same one. Looks the same. One of my friends just got a new oem 250sx one so they are prolly still out there.

wyte_craka
05-19-2004, 04:49 PM
i priced one at my local honda dealer i can't remember how much it was, but i do know it was quite out of my price range. i just made one with piece of 1/2 id. fuel hose from the threaded nipple on the tank to a 1/2-1/4 90* barbed brass adapter, and then a piece of 1/4 id. fuel hose to the carb. no fuel shut off. i had full intentions on finding another good one, but my idea worked great. been that way for 8 months now. only thing i added was a clear in-line filter.