PDA

View Full Version : Dumb tire question...

Seabass
05-18-2004, 12:14 PM
Hello all.

What's the difference between a Titan 589 and ITP 589? I've noticed different mfg's put out the same name of tire sometimes... What gives? Also I have an 85' 250 es with wooly boogers on'er now. They work great but I want to put a very aggressive tire on the rear. 90% of the riding we do is mudding or water crossing. What would be too aggressive for this machine? Any ideas for a good mud tire that she'll be able to turn? Also my stock size for the rear is 25 x 12 x 9. I actually have 25 x13 x9's on there now. What do these #'s mean again? I know the 9 is the rim size...is the 12 the width? I ask because I took off the aftermarket skid plate and looking at the motor from the floor it's higher in the ass-end. It slopes towards the front tire...as though the rear tires are slightly larger in diameter - but I thought that's what the 25 meant...A little confusing but I hope you know what I mean...

Also, just put my cold-start kit in'er last night. Yeah, it's May, but I didn't want to mess with it while it was running so great. The carb has never been off and there was only a slight iron stain in the bowl and on one of the jets. i was impressed....Very simple installation, took me about 2 hrs. The starter jet is ever so slightly bigger. It was the miles of new vent tubes that gave me the most grief...Anyway she started up with no choke and purred like a kitten. Actually got a lower idle now...should of done that job months ago...Anyway thanks for any replies...

almac16
05-18-2004, 01:21 PM
Hi,

I would go with the Bear Claws, I have them on my 250es and they work awesome. Most of the people around here with utility trikes go with the bear claws.

Good luck,

almac16
05-18-2004, 01:22 PM
Hi,

I would go with the Bear Claws, I have them on my 250es and they work awesome. Most of the people around here with utility trikes go with the bear claws.

Good luck,

....around here as in Nova Scotia.

Lots_Of_Nothing
05-18-2004, 01:51 PM
the numbers mean,,,,,, "25x13x9" 25=height, 13=width, 9=rim size

Seabass
05-18-2004, 01:57 PM
"the numbers mean,,,,,, "25x13x9" 25=height, 13=width, 9=rim size"

yeah...that's what i thought...It just looks like those rear 13's are taller than than that front 12...

The bearclaw was one of my options...anybody ever put a 26" tire on one of these? I wanted to get those mudlites but they are a totally different tire when you go down to 25"...wonder if I could swing it? Those 589's look sweet as well...