PDA

View Full Version : striped hubs

butterfingers1
05-16-2004, 08:37 PM
I have heard of a lot of people having to weld their hubs because they were striped out? Whats causes this anyway? Thanks

short4stuff
05-16-2004, 08:48 PM
POWER :D

no well possibly .... but with a combination of lose hubs the nut not being tight ... will adventually cause that.

BTW DONT weld your hubs on.

atcmatt
05-17-2004, 03:32 AM
No grease in there and nuts loose. Also if sand gets in there it wears stuff down real quick. Make it a habit of taking your rear wheels off and grasing up the splines and then tightening the nut.

Matt

ScottZJ
05-17-2004, 07:08 AM
Well if you do weld them, I would only do a small tack weld 2-3 times around there. It should hold nicely and be able to have taken off when you get new hubs. But depending on what type of machine, you can get hubs used on ebay pretty cheap.........peace

C W.
05-17-2004, 05:28 PM
no grease louse nut like he said.years ago when money was tight.my budy driled through the hub and axle then put a nut and bolt through the hole on his 86 200x and it held good.you can weld the crap out of one side of the axle but the side the axle lock nuts side off i would just tack.i hope you find new hubs to do the job the white way.if you have to repair what you got tighten the crap out of the hub nut before the repair is made so your rig goes on strait and you dont woble doun the road.good luck.