PDA

View Full Version : How many links in your 110 chain?

kilabeez0
05-16-2004, 06:49 PM
I snapped my chain last year on my 85 110 and tried to replace it with some cheap garbage chain i got off ebay that didn't work. the master link kept pulling apart. anyway i dont want to have to mess with taking links out but i will if i have to. can someone tell me how many links i should buy? I'm looking at the cheap RK chain off dennis kirk for like $14. RK is a good brand but should i get one that is a little better?

C W.
05-16-2004, 07:14 PM
just buy the cheapest oring chain you can get. any name brand oring chain you get will be able to handle your horse power.as far as nomber of links.i duno. but if you dont have a chian breaker a super easy way to shorten them is to grind the pin doun were it sicks out of the side plate with a disk grinder or bench grinder.you know were the link pin goes through the chian and is smushed doun or peened to the side plates.after grinding just beat it through with a nail or proper punch.

kilabeez0
05-16-2004, 08:59 PM
well when i tried to replace it last time the master link kept pulling off, so maybe it was because it was some cheap pos :o

kilabeez0
06-13-2004, 10:27 PM
the part number on bikebandit.com has it listed as 428 and 92LE is the 92 the amount of links?

plkmonster2
06-13-2004, 11:20 PM
My 79 110 chain is 85 links, not including the master link. And it has been stretched, so it might come a tad longer. I can send you this one. It is in ok condition, it has just been sitting. It's the oem one, but it has a tad of surface rust. It is still very good though. Tell me if you want it. I don't have the master link though...