PDA

View Full Version : 1984 250R questions,comments,pictures

Nightrain
05-16-2004, 09:27 AM
Hi there I have 2 84 250R's...the trike in these questions is the one on the right in the photo..The trike on the left runs beautifully...I got the trike from a guy that got the motor rebuilt with all new internals and bored +.100. the trike came complete minus a carb and the carb boot and the airbox boot...I got a carb and just the other day took the intake boots off the running 250r just to see if she would start up...it hadnt even been started since rebuild...I have great spark and compression...I didnt put much probably not even a half gallon..2 kicks and it started right up...I let it warm up for approx 4 to 5 minutes gave a few throttle raps and then the rpms climed to full throttle on its own and I hit the kill switch and it ran a full r's for about 5 seconds..then waited kicked it over a few times with kill switch off turned it back on and it started first kick...I ran it at idle for another 4 to 5 mins then rapped the throttle and then it climbed r's again on its own...possible causes I think...debris in carb..throttle linkage hanging up...but feels free...or running out of gas...getting lean...what are your thoughts folks...also some poeple expressed wanting to get a photo of a 250R toolkit...I believe it to be complete...sorry about the long story just couldnt explain myself in fewer words any comments on this problem are appreciated..by the way that 250R sounds awesome......

whiteman350x
05-16-2004, 10:03 AM
You always need to disassemble a carb when you get it. Clean it and check to make sure everything is there. Also make sure the slide is not installed backwards. Sounds like your slide or cable is sticking.