PDA

View Full Version : Inner tubes

King44
05-13-2004, 11:48 PM
I picked up some free super swampers(22x12x9) that I would like to put on my 250es(I tried my friend's 22 inch swampers and it ran fine with them even though it is supposed to have 25). The problem is they are dry rotted a bit and probably wouldn't hold air, but the tread and bead looks great. My problem is I'm thinking the valve stems will break off(they will be the steel ones, though) because of it being on the driving wheels... But I like to run alot of air(6+ psi) and ride mostly loose terrain, will they work or be useless?

jay
05-14-2004, 11:30 PM
well, that would be your call. i did that with my front tire on the r. it ran ok for a while but it only takes one sharp rock or even a hard braking on a dull rock to mess up your world. it is very hard to control it when you are cooking right along and it blows out on you. think it out. i would get a new tire
jay

C W.
05-15-2004, 08:59 PM
try that green slime stuff you can get it at auto parts house.i like a new tire my self when you only have 3 they beter be good.and flats suck

jay
05-16-2004, 10:52 AM
slime is good if your tire is good. it doesn't hold it together when it falls apart from dry rot. i also run slime in my rear tires but they are new. save your pennies and get a new tire, you will be better off in the long run. no worries then