PDA

View Full Version : "Howdy" Specs on 3 wheelers

CanuckDuck
05-13-2004, 11:01 PM
Hi, I'm a newbie to be sure. Have little experience with engines. I was gifted an 82 or 83 Tri Moto 175. It hasn't run for a few years and came with 2 wheels. I started researching and found this site (Very helpful BTW). Today I hit paydirt in my research. I have the Intertec ATV maintenance manual, 2nd edition. Published 1988. It lists all specs for all 3 and 4 wheelers built by 1988, by Honda, Suzuki, Polaris, Kawasaki, and Yamaha. I saw, when perusing, that "Howdy" was looking to fill in some blanks in his charts and to contact him/her, if I could help. I have this book for a week, I'd be happy to help where I can.

Don't assume for a moment that I really know what I'm talking about (how things work or exactly what they look like), I just have a book. I could really use some help :confused: too.
Be well

350x'inNY
05-13-2004, 11:05 PM
Welcome aboard the board!!! Post your questions and someone will usually have an answer for you!! Good Luck with your trike!

Bruce :TrikesOwn

Howdy
05-14-2004, 10:11 AM
Hi, I'm a newbie to be sure. Have little experience with engines. I was gifted an 82 or 83 Tri Moto 175. It hasn't run for a few years and came with 2 wheels. I started researching and found this site (Very helpful BTW). Today I hit paydirt in my research. I have the Intertec ATV maintenance manual, 2nd edition. Published 1988. It lists all specs for all 3 and 4 wheelers built by 1988, by Honda, Suzuki, Polaris, Kawasaki, and Yamaha. I saw, when perusing, that "Howdy" was looking to fill in some blanks in his charts and to contact him/her, if I could help. I have this book for a week, I'd be happy to help where I can.

Don't assume for a moment that I really know what I'm talking about (how things work or exactly what they look like), I just have a book. I could really use some help :confused: too.
Be well

Hi,
Welcome to the site. We hope you enjoy it!!

Intertec ATV maintenance manual, 2nd edition. I think I had this very same manual ( I might have gave it away ). It was purchased at least 12 years ago. I know I did use some spex out of it when the New style spex pages was original done up ( 3 years ago ). That was a lot of work!!

One thing I did find from this manual, is that the spex in the manual isn't 100% accurate. I don't remember which ones was wrong but quite a few were not the same as was in the factory manuals ( I tend to beleive Factory manuals best ). So I decided at the time to not use much of the spex's out of that book.
But they might have corrected the wrong info in the later ones printed. If you want to send the ones we don't have listed we can add them. I have bought more Factory manuals since the spex pages were done up ( I now have 30+ manuals ). I haven't had time ( with every thing else I got going on ) to go manual by manual and add all the spex. I really have some good idea's that would make those pages 100% better. As soon as time allows they will be majorly overhauled with more information and other things. Hopefully I will get this done later this summer / fall when my busy season at the shop is over.
For now we will add or correct spex's in the same format that we currently have. As they are now they only take a few minutes to add correct. ;)

Spex can be emailed to HondaATC or myself.
Thanks
Howdy

trikerider2oo7
05-14-2004, 04:06 PM
welcome to the board