PDA

View Full Version : Tigers!!!

thehickfarmer
05-12-2004, 07:58 PM
i was thinking on somehow starting to rebuild a tiger atc, don't care even if it's an 80, what do you guys think, will it be worth it, how much will it cost, where can i find parts, and dose anyone have something they would sell

yamaha200E
05-12-2004, 08:04 PM
im with him. :TrikesOwn

350Xccelerator
05-12-2004, 08:20 PM
finding one is the harder part

hondatrikesrule22
05-13-2004, 01:09 PM
Well,if it is restored, I think you will spend more money on it than what you get when you sell it. Most Tigers are all beat up anyway.I would pimp it out as much as I could.Like 86250ZRs tiger 80, I would just put a 250r motor in it. I don't care if it is rare or not really. My point of view....

thehickfarmer
05-13-2004, 05:57 PM
i'm not saying to do an 80, i'm saying the first tiger i get my hands on, anyone got any ???

J.D.
05-13-2004, 06:29 PM
I think they're a waste of time, and here's why: If they were so damn great, why aren't they everywhere....like R's?

thehickfarmer
05-13-2004, 06:31 PM
thats a good point, but maybe it's cuzz they where just so expensive compared to the 250r's, i'm sure they would sell good if they where cheaper

86250RZ
05-13-2004, 06:43 PM
thats a good point, but maybe it's cuzz they where just so expensive compared to the 250r's, i'm sure they would sell good if they where cheaper
Thats the reason #1 $$$$ The 80cc Tiger coast more than a 86 250R reason #2 you had to wait 4 to 6 weeks most the time to get one custom built reason #3 they were only produced for 2yrs. reason #4 Was that you had to be one he11 of a man with a big set of khoney's to ride one. Reason #1 that SSJ3Goku made that comment was because he is just jelious that he dosent own one ;) j/k

thehickfarmer
05-13-2004, 06:46 PM
lol 250rz. good one, i am still wondering if anyone has any tiger parts liying around , wich ever part i get first for a model is the one i'm gonna do

Trikeaholic
05-13-2004, 07:34 PM
1986 dirt bike magazine

"the ATK 560 retail $4650.00"
The CR 250R 2599.00"

Plus, like ATK, Tiger had NO FINANCING! So, your average woodchuck trailer dweller could not even dream of affording one. (no offence to trailer dwellers) but also if you were not going to race it competitivley, why buy it? it is NOT a play bike, by any means, and would not survive a year of play riding. The reason it would not survive daily trail riding is because of the minimalist design. There is nothing on it for strength and durability, remember the tiger wieghed LESS than a 200X. Compared to a Tiger, a 350X is a heavy tank and a 200X is a boat anchor.

thehickfarmer
05-13-2004, 07:36 PM
good to know, i am really learning about them now.

350x'inNY
05-13-2004, 08:06 PM
1986 dirt bike magazine

"the ATK 560 retail $4650.00"
The CR 250R 2599.00"

Plus, like ATK, Tiger had NO FINANCING! So, your average woodchuck trailer dweller could not even dream of affording one. (no offence to trailer dwellers) but also if you were not going to race it competitivley, why buy it? it is NOT a play bike, by any means, and would not survive a year of play riding. The reason it would not survive daily trail riding is because of the minimalist design. There is nothing on it for strength and durability, remember the tiger wieghed LESS than a 200X. Compared to a Tiger, a 350X is a heavy tank and a 200X is a boat anchor.

Does that mean woodchucks should take offense ?? LMBO!!! :TrikesOwn

I agree with Holic and 250RZ 100%! They were rare, custom built racing machings right out of the box, hense their rarity. Making a statement about the number of 250R's versus Tiger's out there would be like saying... Well.... there are so many Ford Mustangs out there, they must be better than a Dodge Viper or a Corvette or a Ferrari.

Bruce

Xowner
05-13-2004, 08:09 PM
mustangs are better than corvettes chevy suck lol

86250RZ
05-13-2004, 08:13 PM
I hate to be the one to tell you but a mustang is a poor mans vette,a mustang is a slow cheap pice of crap compaired to a Corvette. I hope you were joking.

thehickfarmer
05-13-2004, 08:14 PM
yea no kidding,

200xalltheway
05-13-2004, 08:17 PM
I'd say its worth restoring a Tiger. Maybe not $$$ wise, but you can probably have a great feeling of owning a MINT piece of ATC history.

thehickfarmer
05-13-2004, 08:20 PM
yes your right, it is a great feeling. i just want to know who has parts!!!

ATC crazy
05-13-2004, 08:29 PM
I hate to be the one to tell you but a mustang is a poor mans vette,a mustang is a slow cheap pice of crap compaired to a Corvette. I hope you were joking.

I guess you havn't seen the Cobra R's yet (390 RWHP) ...Not including the Saleens/Rousche's/Boss'

Now, about the Tiger. Even if you dont find a good running Tiger....mabey a rolling chassis, or a bare frame....you can still say that you own a Tiger ;) Then you can worry about restoring it once you get the money.

Good luck man :TrikesOwn

DaAnswer2004
05-13-2004, 08:34 PM
does anyone have a tiger chassis or frame for sale? :beer

thehickfarmer
05-13-2004, 08:36 PM
yea cuzz if you do your selling it to me. i asked first, you already have a 200x frame man

DaAnswer2004
05-13-2004, 08:38 PM
lol i no. i was just wondering. i want cagiva parts. i couldn't afford any tiger parts or cagiva prolly. just depends lol :beer

350x'inNY
05-13-2004, 08:50 PM

EDIT --- Sorry 86250RZ.... Didn't see XOwner's post between ours....

I guess some of you (EDIT ie XOwner... :D )missed my analogy.... that was my point completely! :rolleyes:

Someone in an earlier post said that if Tigers were so great, how come they are so rare and 250R's all over! My point was, you can't compare them.

A comparative statement to HIS statement would be like saying there are so many Mustangs therefore they must be better than Vipers, Corvette's and Ferrari's.... It's really the Transitive Property of Logic that has thrown the guy for a loop!

Don't even make me breakout the Contrapositive out on him! I hate talking in 'If p then q's' so I tried to use an example that others would relate to. :D

Bruce

Trikeaholic
05-13-2004, 09:29 PM
lololololol... Do you work in a PUBLIC SCHOOL?? LOLOL.

I think that was in reply to the post below yours!

thehickfarmer
05-13-2004, 09:32 PM
who me or 350xinny ???

350x'inNY
05-13-2004, 09:44 PM
:p .... I didn't see XOwner's lame reply! lmao!!! lmao!!!

Sorry... 86250RZ.... I didn't see XOwner's little dream between our post's! I thought that comment was about my post!!

Yes Trikeaholic..... I do teach at the public school! Doesn't it make you proud that I am edumacating da future lil holics???

FYI.... I often use ATC stuff in my example problems, talk about my trikes, and go riding with the kids sometime! Got to teach them that 3 wheels is juuuuussst right!

Trikeaholic
05-13-2004, 10:10 PM
"Yes Trikeaholic..... I do teach at the public school! Doesn't it make you proud that I am edumacating da future lil holics??? "

with all them fancy words you be uzin, you shood get a good job at some fancee privat skool! LOL

whiteman350x
05-13-2004, 10:18 PM
For those of you looking for a Tiger, There was a guy on .org with a couple of parts Tigers for sale. A 125 and I think a 250. Was a while back so dive in to the old classifieds over there.

J.D.
05-13-2004, 11:13 PM
You sound like a math teacher 350Xin...and, the newer mustang GT's can be compared to Vette's

350x'inNY
05-13-2004, 11:23 PM
True.... and a highly modified, special edition racing version (such as a Team HRC) 250R could be compared with a Tiger too. ;) Those new Mustangs look awesome, but my point was that a regular, run of the mill Mustang.

I originally wasn't going to put Corvette in my example... I was just going to say a Viper, but I knew I'd get crap comparing a Tiger to a Dodge... :beer Right there TrikeaHolic????

Bruce

edog
05-14-2004, 10:30 AM
I haul my three wheeler with Mopar power.

J.D.
05-14-2004, 11:21 AM
Yeah, a pimpin soccer-mom-mobile as Jared calls it, HAHAHAHAH!

86250RZ
05-14-2004, 01:09 PM
Well I didnt see your response 350'XInNY LOL, so no problem. But I agree with you on the Mustang vs Corvette deal, these Ford guys are trying to compare special or even limited addition Mustangs to a run of the mill basic Corvette, basic vs basic the vette wins hands down, end of story. Sorry that we got off the trike debate but I just had to responed to Xowners reply.

J.D.
05-15-2004, 10:11 PM
Well of course basic vs. basic, "basic" Vette's have 350s, "basic" Stangs have a 3.8 V6. That isn't comparasin man.

350x'inNY
05-16-2004, 12:34 AM
Egg Zack LEE!!! You can not compare a 250R and a Tiger!

I rest my case....:D

Bruce :TrikesOwn

Lots_Of_Nothing
05-16-2004, 01:38 AM
mopar power, LMAO, its a damn soccer-mom-mobile, that is nothing to brag about, hahahah i laugh so hard it hurts everytime you brag or say something about that MINIVAN, LMAO, as for the tiger stuff, its the same reason we dont see alot of the top dollar machines around, not enough money, and the places they are being used, there being raced only.

mbg75
05-16-2004, 11:21 AM
i have a tiger project i am selling. email me if your are seriously interested.
mbg75@optonline.net

350XXX
11-08-2004, 03:29 AM
I guess you havn't seen the Cobra R's yet (390 RWHP) ...Not including the Saleens/Rousche's/Boss'

if you use that comparison, then you MUST compare them to the Callaway Corvette, AT LEAST. :cool:

83185s
11-08-2004, 11:41 PM
well i dunno where you can get tiger parts but i do know that the handling of a stang and a vette can be compared..vettes **** imo ..stock 350?? wtf is that i mean comeon..and the handling sucks balls cause all the power to the back wheels and how it sits its just f'ed on handling...now the stang is a pos also..i dont like fords unless its a truck and i dont like chevy's unless the same reason..so im talkin about 2 shitty cars imo..lol..the only new good mustang is a wrecked one...the old ones were cool and the same with the vettes..but new ones can just wack off for all i care...imo ofcorse..if i offended any of you saying that new mustangs and new vettes ****..well thats just to bad..lol jk

cliff2302
11-09-2004, 12:47 AM
The newer Z06 corvettes are the best buy for your money. They are faster, handle better, and are alot cheaper than the best Viper you can buy. That little 350 is pumping out some serious horses. My dad just went for a ride in one about a week ago with his friend and he said they were up to 120 before you even realised it. The traction control eliminates all wheel spin, but you can turn it off (a switch on the dash) and boil your hides to your hearts content. Sorry to steal the thread, but i had to reply to this one

NOS_350X
11-09-2004, 02:14 AM
well i dunno where you can get tiger parts but i do know that the handling of a stang and a vette can be compared..vettes **** imo ..stock 350?? wtf is that i mean comeon..and the handling sucks balls cause all the power to the back wheels and how it sits its just f'ed on handling...now the stang is a pos also..i dont like fords unless its a truck and i dont like chevy's unless the same reason..so im talkin about 2 shitty cars imo..lol..the only new good mustang is a wrecked one...the old ones were cool and the same with the vettes..but new ones can just wack off for all i care...imo ofcorse..if i offended any of you saying that new mustangs and new vettes ****..well thats just to bad..lol jk

Dang, I dont know if i have seen a post with more grammer errors. I know i'm not perfect but thats just bad.

Mustang vs Vette is a joke. The only mustangs that might even compare to them would be shelby's and they arnt true mustangs. Ford has made the mustang into a common regular affordable car. Where on the other hand chevy took out the comparable car to it (Camaro) replacing it with the GTO. Leaving just there high end (Vette) Ford dosent make a high end car, and never has.

timex69
11-09-2004, 11:21 AM
if i got a dime everytime i seen a mustang i could build 10 corvettes.

timex69
11-09-2004, 11:23 AM
and if i got a dime everytime i saw a corvette..and i only saw 1 i could still buy a mustang.

Blown 331
11-09-2004, 11:32 AM
I don't even know what a Tiger is.

Mustang>Corvette

bigredhead
11-09-2004, 12:44 PM
Can someone please post a picture of a tiger ?

oh. and i prefer vettes. just because. stingrays !!!!.. mmmmm

Blown 331
11-09-2004, 12:50 PM
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/tiger.shtml

GreyhoundRugby
11-09-2004, 08:19 PM
Dang, I dont know if i have seen a post with more grammer errors. I know i'm not perfect but thats just bad.

Mustang vs Vette is a joke. The only mustangs that might even compare to them would be shelby's and they arnt true mustangs. Ford has made the mustang into a common regular affordable car. Where on the other hand chevy took out the comparable car to it (Camaro) replacing it with the GTO. Leaving just there high end (Vette) Ford dosent make a high end car, and never has.
You know trailprotrailpro right think about the Ford Gt i mean everone and there grandma can get one

BigGreenMachine
11-09-2004, 10:52 PM
This should probably be moved to the "Open" forum or if it stays then all the Vette Vs. Stang posts should be removed. I know if it was my thread that was hijacked I'd be ultra pissed.

I think doing a Tiger buildup would be great. Parts are harder to come by then say a Tecate or Tri-Z but not impossible, look at how many owners there are on this board alone. Hardest part would be finding plastics if yours are badly buggered. As for making it a rider, heck yeah. Can't say how long it would hold up but with the right maintence anything can last. I say a Tiger 250 or 500 would be the best candidate, I'd be stirring up hell to find a 500 just to smoke every other stock and some modded bikes. Best of luck. Do a quick search on this board as I remember somebody posting how they found parts for their Tiger and listed sources.

sfynks
11-10-2004, 12:32 PM
your best bet on finding a tiger is to find some of the old school dirt track racers that worked on their own rides.....they usually have one....if they were serious with their riding....and usually they kept them up so well that it doesnt take much to get it back in working condition