PDA

View Full Version : Boddy slammed by the 250R

ejc042
05-10-2004, 09:12 AM
I was out riding the clay roads by my house with my buds on sunday. We were all cutting up a little, well I guess the 250 deided I had had enough fun and we flipped over(my fault for being stupid). I took a good header, thank god for my helmet. Scratched the helmet a little, trike was fine, but I got beat up pretty good. Road rash on both elbows, left palm, right knee, and an apple sized bruise on the left hip. If it hadn't been for the helmet man I would be hurt. Left a good impression of the right side of the helmet in the clay road.

TimSr
05-10-2004, 09:37 AM
Just a reminder, that anythime your helmet takes a good blow, it needs to be checked carefully. The styrofoam liner usually gets compressed or crushed and needs replaced. Liners are cheaper than skulls!

ejc042
05-10-2004, 09:51 AM
Liner is still solid, didn't take as much of a stopping impact as a skidding impact.

mad_max
05-10-2004, 07:37 PM
AMEN for wearin' the helmet... this last weekend I was out riding and one of my buds nosed his Gas Gas (quad) into a berm (too much dirt flying, poor visibility) he went over the bars and landed on his back. His head smacked the dirt really good, fortunately his always wears a helmet. He was acting funny and repeating himself...so we took him to the hospital and they checked him out and said he has swelling of the brain, he should be OK though. Accidents can happen ANYTIME and ANYWHERE. Be safe. ;)

Update: I just called to see how he is doing, he's alright but he's selling all his stuff, he's giving up riding. This isnt the first time he's took a hard hit so I guess he figures its safer to stop now than to risk it. :(

200xalltheway
05-10-2004, 09:34 PM
thats gotta hurt. good thing you were wearing a hat.

Tails
05-10-2004, 10:36 PM
I remember my dad telling meif he saw me riding without my helmet and at least a pair jeans he sould kick my arse. Heck he still probably could to this day and he ain't got any legs...:)

Tails

trikerider2oo7
05-11-2004, 04:15 PM
good thing your helmet was on...it could have paralized you if you hadnt had it on

ejc042
05-11-2004, 04:42 PM
I have to take my wife out for a nice dinner now. I almost went riding without the helmet that day, but I got the "DONT FORGET YOUR HELMET" from her. I'm glad I listened to her for once.