PDA

View Full Version : It's like Christmas in July...........except it's May and what I got wasn't wrapped!

jakerush
05-06-2004, 02:47 PM
I was doing so work for my company yesterday at our local landfill. When I was pulling out to leave I looked over and this guy was unloading some trash into some of the recycleable dumpsters. There was this lone circular shell of a headlight peaking up at me. I slammed on the breaks in a Ford 350 pulling a gooseneck flat deck trailer. The guy working with me thought I was crazy. Turned out it is a 1980 Honta 110. It has most of the big ticket items except for seat, plastics, rear rims and tires and the guts of the headlight. I am pumped. The engine turns and has compression but the pull rope and cover are gone. There's also no plug and wire. Still, I know it's a 110 but I felt like I won something.

Jake

Russell 350X
05-06-2004, 03:17 PM
Awsome find. Should we plan to see a resotration sometime soon?

Yamahammer490
05-06-2004, 03:59 PM
Very cool. I still wonder how some of you guys find free trikes or get them for $20. Around here everybody wants such a premium for them.

Last spring I stopped by a farmer's place to ask about a Yamaha trike I saw poking out from behind his shed. I thought it might be a 200 or Yamahauler and noticed it had been sitting for several years as I'd been driving by. When we walked around to it he said I could have it for $400. It was a plain Tri-Moto 200 that had been beat to Hell!

Every piece of plastic was cracked and big chunks were missing, the seat was mostly duct tape, the frame and forks were all rusty and I doubt any of the controls functioned at all.

I said it was a bit more of a "fixer-upper" than I was looking for, thanked him for his time, and left.

jay
05-06-2004, 04:52 PM
my first 3 wheeler was an 83 tri-moto 175 that i bought for $25. had to put rear tires on it. cleaned the carb and bought a pull starter for $35 from canada on ebay. blew the motor , sold it for $100. a year or so later the guy wanted me to wire up his barn in exchange for the 3 wheeler. he knew i wanted it back. i have it now and need to rebuild it. just another project on the list.

200xalltheway
05-06-2004, 08:56 PM
sweeet!!!!

jeswinehart
05-07-2004, 06:36 AM
i love the scrap yards + dumps big time !

nice score !

john