PDA

View Full Version : Bigred Enthusiasts

atcmatt
05-01-2004, 08:08 PM
Not something very exciting but i noticed a couple extra changes on the 87 model. Someone may have covenred them already but nonetheless herethey are....

* The "coadbox" for the headlight cord is bigger (you should consider getting one of these john, lol) so its easier to get it in.

*The wiring harness is diffrent, it has an outlet at the rear of the frame and a power outlet in the middle of the harness.

*The front hub/drum is a one piece unit as far as i know (stupid idea)

*Owners manual is under the toolbox lid

Thats all i can think of now,

Matt

Russell 350X
05-01-2004, 09:29 PM
Interesting... :TrikesOwn

jeswinehart
05-02-2004, 07:50 AM
you just can't do any better then a factory manual ,,, the clymers manual i have for the sx/es trikes don't mention any of those 87 updates in the back of the book,,, where there is a total of 2 pages on the 87 up dates.

good info matt !

john

atcmatt
05-02-2004, 06:09 PM
Hey John,

I got me a clymer manual the other day and it seems pretty good, the only thing i dident like was when it was explaining about the front headlight for the 250es it had a picture of the 200es front headlight setup :confused:

Kinda Stupid but ya get that. My manual is fairly new becasue it was printed last year. Has yours got the same picture mistake have you noticed?

That supplement at the back of the book is very small. I thought there were more pages than that. Ill tell ya what i like about the manual....the 2 trikes made it onto the front cover, not the trx200 or 250, wonder why :D

Best be off,

Matt