PDA

View Full Version : 200x breaking up . . .

3WheelsForever
04-30-2004, 05:05 PM
My brothers 200x just now started to break up when you ride it. While getting on the gas it sputters and cuts out. We tryed a new plug and it didnt make a difference. What could be the problem?

Howdy
04-30-2004, 05:08 PM
You might check the wire connectors. It may be possible that they aren't making the best contact. Another thing to check is the fuel system. The tank / or carb may have crap in it and it's plugging things up.
Heading to the shop in a minute. ;)
Howdy

leprogle
04-30-2004, 05:12 PM
You could have bad gas, or your carb could be dirty, my 185s did the same thing, and it was cause of bad gas, and on another occaision, i took the carb apart and cleaned it and it remedied a similar problem. basically it's just trial and error, just try the small things until you run out of ideas, and have to revert to spending lots of money on labour and high cost, overpriced replacement parts :TrikesOwn :rolleyes:

leprogle
04-30-2004, 05:16 PM
dammit howdy, you beat me to it.
but yeah, i agree with the wiring also, i towed my bike once and the rope, bent the tab on my coil and unhooked the connector, and it took me forever to figure out why it wouldn't stay running, i think the wire was just touching and when it started it would vibrate and lose it's connection

cliff2302
04-30-2004, 08:53 PM
make sure your air filter is clean also