PDA

View Full Version : white or red to go with black????? please comment.

vartiak15
04-24-2004, 08:44 AM
ive got new black fenders for my 200x-350x project. my question is should i have the frame painted white and leave the tank white and paint the swinger,hubs, brake pedal, shifter, and kicker white???? or should i get the frame coated in black and have a red swinger red hubs and red tank with red pedals,shifter, and kicker???? i can got pics of how it looks just with the black fenders with no suspension mods yet. thoes wont come till about a month cuz im moving this weekend( big new garage!!!!!!!!!) so after my parents are done with makeing me do the landscape and all that i will start on the trike.

250SX_rider
04-24-2004, 09:16 AM
I would go with red.

mywifeknowseverything
04-24-2004, 09:19 AM
I say Red also....White is very nice when it is Very clean but keeping it that way is a pain....

vartiak15
04-24-2004, 09:51 AM
so you guys think i should go with the black fenders with a red tank,swinger,footpegs,kicker,and hubs?? thats a good idea i think and then ill get some 87 style 200x stickers for it the ones that say 200x along the tank and 2 big atc signs on the back. ill get the frame coated next week then and order my stickers next week to. o and anyone got any advice for painting the motor???? im going to repaint it black, i know i need the high temp paint but is there any thing eles i need to know. also does it matter if i dont run vent hoses on my carb???

200xalltheway
04-24-2004, 12:07 PM
thats gonna be one sweet trike when your done. any pics??

mywifeknowseverything
04-24-2004, 06:54 PM
I think that you made a nice choice...But why dont you consider powdercoating the engine...It will look very good and hold up as long as you own it...It will also be easier to clean....Just my 0.02$

New2ATC
04-24-2004, 09:01 PM
go all black with red hubsand red motor, with black accents...

vartiak15
04-25-2004, 08:45 AM
no red motor sry. hate that look. its going to have black fenders(got them already) black powdercoated frame,red swinger, red powdercoateed kicker, foot pegs, red hubs, and a red tank. im also going to get this seat cover http://www.custom-atv.com/huatvseco.html with new seat foam. and i am going to finish polishing the forks(need dads help when it comes to the compond stuff) and i dont no what im going to do with the axle probly just sand blast it and put some clear on it. and some chrome bars with an unbreakable clutch lever from nacs raceing. new grips, a 400ex front master cylinder and some itp 8 or 10 in wheels( if i get the 10in wheels im going to get some of thoes titain 895s or wahtever that are 22-11-10)new front max tire and a shock cover for the rear shock. o and some 87 style 200x stickers(wont come for a while) and thats about all i can think of. and i dont need to rebuild the motor becasue the guy that sold it to me got it with a rebuild and he only rode it like 2 times and it starts first kick with the choke on. gettin the parts coated next weekend or the weekend after that becasue moving is a bit*h.