PDA

View Full Version : Tri-Z Crank bearings and seals

Billy Golightly
04-23-2004, 01:16 PM
Looking through my Rocky Mountian, and Dennis Kirk catalog, no YTZ250 Tri-Z listing for a crank bearing and seal kit. They've got one listed for an 88 through 92 I think it is YZ250, anyone know if these are the same? I'll get OEM if I have to I guess.

Groundworx
04-23-2004, 11:04 PM
You might be able to go to an independent dealer and get them. Parts Unlimited should carry them. I am not sure though if they sell to the public or not. I got some stuff from them for my Z that wasn't listed in Rocky Mountain or Dennis Kirk. I am not sure if the YZ bearings and seals would work or not either.

03 ORANGE SHEE
04-23-2004, 11:06 PM
parts and labor at my dealer was $144 . pin 2x4-11681-00-00, bearing 9331-425p2-00, washers(2) 90209-25085-00,i didnt need a new rod thank god,and i didnt have to replace the crank seals

Billy Golightly
04-23-2004, 11:31 PM
I tried looking up the OEM seals on bikebandit, and they only list one side, wtf?

I'll check with my local dealer Yamaha dealer, they are an authorized parts unlimited distributor. I need to change my rod bearing also so thats good info 03 Orange Shee. I guess $144 to do that and have it done right isn't to bad of a deal. My Z is getting full wrench report mods including additional porting and decked head, LRD topend pipe. So I want to have a good bottom end under it. No sense in doing a topend and having a shitty bottom. I'm debating a different carb and airbox setup, we'll see. I gotta get my motor back together first and do some work on the chassis itself.

Trikeaholic
04-24-2004, 07:07 AM
My 86 bottom end was done for $225. I brought the guy a crank, 2 cases and another side case with the transmission in it. He rebuilt the crank with a new rod kit, main bearings, seals and then assembled it. I thought that was a steal because it would have been a complete disaster if I had done it, and had the bike all together, started it up, and it probably wouldnt shift right, or not at all! Better to spend the $225 now, than destroy a freshly restored 86 Z in a fit of rage later! He got the rod kit from parts unlimited (vesrah) and the bearings and seals from the Yam shop. I also noticed a listing for only one side, so at that point I was willing to just hand it over to a pro.

Howdy
04-24-2004, 07:31 AM
Looking through my Rocky Mountian, and Dennis Kirk catalog, no YTZ250 Tri-Z listing for a crank bearing and seal kit. They've got one listed for an 88 through 92 I think it is YZ250, anyone know if these are the same? I'll get OEM if I have to I guess.

I got the part numbers ( actually the complete fiche ) & You got email. ;)
Howdy

Billy Golightly
04-24-2004, 09:21 AM
Thanks Howdy, I'm downloadig the fiche now. That should help me out alot.

Holic I'm kinda in the same boat, I haven't had to good of luck taking bottom ends completely apart in the past, but that was when I was younger and I just took everything and threw it in a bucket :p I've tried to be real careful and take everything off in the order it was on, and wire tie it together and put it in a ziplock bag so I wont lose it.

Your Z is looking real good. Mines not gonna be to great cosmeticlly if I can even get it done in time. We'll see.

OldSchoolin86
07-30-2005, 09:23 PM
I know this is an oldy but I found it while searching the topic. I just wanted to add an update, DK does have a 79-87 YZ250 kit that fits but it cost more then OEM.

Billy Golightly
07-30-2005, 11:01 PM
On the seals I ended up ordering OEM ones and for the bearings I went to NAPA and they matched some up perfectly :p

tri-z250MN
11-09-2005, 10:32 PM
L.A. Sleeve Co. carries prox crank seals for around $15-$20