PDA

View Full Version : ATC Parts Identification....

350x'inNY
04-22-2004, 11:50 PM
Got some ATC parts in my 'super' parts lot I need help ID'ing...

I'll start with a simple one....Got a few 200X frames. One frame says 84 on it. Got another frame that looks identical, but one frame has a 'square' swing arm (like my 350X) and the other has a tubular swing arm. What years are the swing arms?

Got a 185 Motor, and a box with a couple 200 cylinder heads. The '200' cylinder heads both say 192cc on the back side. One has a similar timing chain cut out as the 185, but has larger cooling fins than the other 200 head. Is the larger cooling finned 200 a 200X head, or just a newer one?

Got a Kawasaki 200 motor from what I was told a 3 wheeler. It has the footpegs attached to it. It has a kickstarter shaft and appears to have a manual clutch cable that runs under the left side of the motor (where the recoil would be on a HONDA) I also have the black, round headlight that was for this trike.

I also have a engine side cover. HONDA.... something with a kickstarter and manual clutch, but no oil filter. On the inside, I can see a mark of 'HB5' in there. I know it's not 350X, but know that 350X is HA5.... what is HB5???

Oh.... I have a '88 Yamaha 350 Moto-4 rear end. swinger, axle, tool box, etc.... do you know if any of these parts would be interchangeable with a 200E or 225DX? Looks 'upsized', but some things look identical.

Thanks guys.... as I start identifying and knowing the bins and piles of parts I have now, I will start selling off stuff.

Bruce

Mobular
04-23-2004, 01:20 AM
Well, on the 200X swingers, the tubular one is a first year production item, making it an 83. The remaining years were square.

Howdy
04-23-2004, 09:59 AM
Got some ATC parts in my 'super' parts lot I need help ID'ing...

Give me some tough ones. These are too easy! lol
These are off the top of my head:

I'll start with a simple one....Got a few 200X frames. One frame says 84 on it. Got another frame that looks identical, but one frame has a 'square' swing arm (like my 350X) and the other has a tubular swing arm. What years are the swing arms?Since you know the one is a 84 the other is simple: 1983 Those had a tubular swingarm.

Got a 185 Motor, and a box with a couple 200 cylinder heads. The '200' cylinder heads both say 192cc on the back side. One has a similar timing chain cut out as the 185, but has larger cooling fins than the other 200 head. Is the larger cooling finned 200 a 200X head, or just a newer one?The bigger finned head is probably Black. Am I Right? If so it is a 200x ( 83-85 )
The same goes for the cylinder the Black ones are for 83-85 200x. Also, The fins are a little bigger on the Black ones than the bare aluminum ones.

Got a Kawasaki 200 motor from what I was told a 3 wheeler. It has the footpegs attached to it. It has a kickstarter shaft and appears to have a manual clutch cable that runs under the left side of the motor (where the recoil would be on a HONDA) I also have the black, round headlight that was for this trike. This would probably be a KLT200. I might be able to come up with the year with the serial number off of it.

I also have a engine side cover. HONDA.... something with a kickstarter and manual clutch, but no oil filter. On the inside, I can see a mark of 'HB5' in there. I know it's not 350X, but know that 350X is HA5.... what is HB5??? HB5 is the production number of the 1986 -87 atc200x's

Oh.... I have a '88 Yamaha 350 Moto-4 rear end. swinger, axle, tool box, etc.... do you know if any of these parts would be interchangeable with a 200E or 225DX? Looks 'upsized', but some things look identical.I doubt they are inner changeable. To help a little more, I can send you the fiche for this machine if you want. Then you would have the part numbers for it. Just let me know. ( I owe you one anyway ;) )

Thanks guys.... as I start identifying and knowing the bins and piles of parts I have now, I will start selling off stuff.

Bruce

Your Welcome!!
Howdy

350x'inNY
04-23-2004, 02:17 PM
Thanks Howdy and Mobular!! I'll go to Yamaha and download that '88 YFM350 parts schematic, so you'll still owe me one! ;)

The frame that had the '84 sticker didn't have a swinger on it, the other 2 frames had the different swingers.

The Kawi motor I thought was from a KLT200, but didn't realize it had a manual clutch!

I was about 90% on the 200 heads. What year did you say had the best '185' engine? was it '81 or '82?

Thanks guys.... will continue this thread when I get some pictures of the 'wierd' stuff. Tune in next time when I try to ..."Stump that Howdy!" hahahaha

Bruce

P.S. - What did you do with that misc box of LT-4WD stuff?

Howdy
04-23-2004, 03:05 PM
I was about 90% on the 200 heads. What year did you say had the best '185' engine? was it '81 or '82?

P.S. - What did you do with that misc box of LT-4WD stuff?

I need the serial number off the 185 motor to further identify it.

The LT-4WD stuff is sitting on the shelf. Want the whole box? Want me to bring it to Haspin ( if your coming )?
Howdy

Xowner
04-23-2004, 03:20 PM
the sqaure tubed 200X frame is 86 87