PDA

View Full Version : Tecate project Question...

BigGreenMachine
04-21-2004, 02:39 PM
I'm real close to putting my bike back together. The two topends I sent to CT Racing back in October are finally ALMOST done and I should get them in 3 weeks. Poor service to say the least.

I've gotten all my plactic from Maier, my PRM grab bar, Spidertrak tires, DG "National" system with Type II silencer and UNI filter.

I'm running the stock bore but with the exhaust system, open airbox and UNI filter, what main jet and pilot jet will I have to run to have it all work flawlessly?

Future plans for my bike: Razr2's all around(22's), Mojave front rim/tire and 86 front fender to skinny up the frontend, Bore job and porting and a custom 2'' extended arm.

250SX
04-21-2004, 09:31 PM
what exactly is CT doing & what did they charge to do it?

BigGreenMachine
04-21-2004, 10:15 PM
CT has two of my cylinders and heads. They are replacing my nikisil bore with a cast iron sleeve in both jugs bored to stock specs, sandblasting both and painting them black, sending them back to me with new pistons, rings and wristpins. The heads will be checked for spec and polished as well. They do this for a quoted price of $300. Not a bad deal but its taking too long for something like this, they have been there since October. :(

Forgot they also give you topend gaskets.

tecatemantodd
04-21-2004, 10:38 PM
wow that is a long time. Alan at CT is a good guy from what I hear and they are just an hours drive for me. They don't have a bigbore setup for the Tecate cylinders though. He does offer the sleeve but doesn't offer the piston which has to be custom. I found that Q&E Machine in Orange,CA did offer the big bore setup. I haven't broken the motor in yet but wow they did some nice work on it. The guy to talk to at Q&E is Vance, he knows what piston to use if you bore it. It cost me $600 for a bigbore 285cc ported(with the new sleeve being ported to match) monster. I can't wait to kick this thing over.....just need a new carb(39pwk) and an extended swinger and I'll be smoking some asses at Oldsmobile Hill for Halloween......

BigGreenMachine
04-21-2004, 11:34 PM
285...woah i can only imagine the speed of that monster. I thought the big bore kits went up to 295, 300 and 310cc?

Beer_Smurf
04-22-2004, 12:36 AM
Thanks guys, I was just gonna ask if about getting cyls done.
Getting ready to send out my Tecate cylinder but really haven't made up my mind where.
I had pretty much the same experiance with CT on my sons Blaster cylinder.
They did a good work but took two months for a simple bore job.

BigGreenMachine
04-22-2004, 03:47 PM
So does anyone know what jets to use with my mods?

TeCaTe_MaN
04-22-2004, 03:54 PM
ya know your sentence in your signature "down on all 3's"...

not anymore! :D