PDA

View Full Version : How much for nickel plating? Trikeaholic?

hondatrikesrule22
04-20-2004, 03:18 AM
How much does nickel plating run for? Is it as durable as powdercoat? I don't really have the dough for powdercoat or chrome,and I don't wan't paint,and I am looking for somthing that looks nice.So I thought I would give nickel plating a shot. :cool: I think trikeaholic said it was cheap and looked good? Thanx

88 Turbo Coupe
04-20-2004, 06:57 AM
The cheapest way to get a somwhat durable finsh is to zinc plate it yourself. Not a very difficult process.

Trikeaholic
04-20-2004, 10:07 AM
usually, a plater has a lot charge, depending on weight of product to be plated say $45-$55

samster143
04-20-2004, 03:13 PM
From my experience nickel plating is not very much cheaper than chrome. This may be different in your area, however.

hondatrikesrule22
04-20-2004, 05:04 PM
The cheapest way to get a somwhat durable finsh is to zinc plate it yourself. Not a very difficult process.

Tell me more! :D

Trikeaholic,I was thinking about having them do a frame, a skidplate, some footpegs,a kick lever,and some other little parts. What would be your estimate?

thanx

Trikeaholic
04-20-2004, 08:36 PM
the thing is, for hollow parts, like a frame, They may have problems with the solution running and dripping out after they take it out of the tank, that would create streaks. Im not a plater but I work with them at my job and that has happened to me before, sure it can be done, how I do not know. A frame would probably cost $100 easy

Trikeaholic
04-20-2004, 08:38 PM
I paid $100 for my pipe, footpegs, kicker, brake lever, some suspension linkange, and misc brackets and springs to get done. The pipe is what pissed them off, but that is the best part! and it was used and pitted. The nickle made it come out nice and chrome-goldish color. It was worth it, that for sure.