PDA

View Full Version : Canoe Rack

Live4today
04-20-2004, 02:29 AM
Very curious here, does anyone have a canoe rack on their trike? I know it wouldn't be the most stable thing, but I want a canoe rack as I can't find any trailers small enough to tow a canoe behind my Yamahauler. So far I was thinking of making a frame from the corners of the back rack, right up, and then making something come from the front of the frame, just in front of the footpegs have something come up and out from there. Hell if I know. Anybody, anything?

Name Brand
04-20-2004, 03:38 AM
Why not just make a two wheel dolly for the back of the canoe and rope the front to your rear rack and just tow it? It would be alot more stable and easier to turn.

yater
04-20-2004, 01:51 PM
Exactly. I've thought about this too. Throw a ratchet strap around the canoe and tie it down to the wheels. Not sure what to use for wheels/axle under the canoe. Anyone?

cliff2302
04-20-2004, 02:01 PM
i got a 200X axle with slightly messed up splines??? but, you would probably want a set up so that both wheels could turn independantly of each other so you can turn faster. im not really sure how you could set that up, try looking at at a lawn wagon or something like that. I know its really simple, im just having a brain fart