PDA

View Full Version : 84' 250R project

Troll 2
04-18-2004, 11:45 PM
We just got a project trike. It will need alot of work but should be fun.
I have the trike stripped down to the bare frame. So far I've found it has a aftermarket axle, westcoast swingarm, 300cc kit(needs work), 350x rear wheels, tapered steering head bearings, 39mm carb, k/n air filter, chrome kicker and shifter, polished side cases, twist throttle, r/k o-ring chain. Plus I think it has a aftermarket pipe and possible white bros rear spring?
The front fender, air scoops, tank, seat, frame, pegs, lights, forks, triples , ectt.. are all very nice.
Should be fun.................................. :cool:

200xalltheway
04-18-2004, 11:49 PM
looks good.

86350xhauler
04-18-2004, 11:52 PM
That bike looks pretty cool.

Wickedfinger
04-19-2004, 12:01 AM
... one things for sure, no rocks will ever damage that front brake rotor and caliper!

Troll 2
05-27-2004, 08:48 PM
Heres a pic of some of the alum. we got cleaned up so far............ :TrikesOwn

http://free.one.picturehost.co.uk/bling2.jpg

350Xccelerator
05-27-2004, 08:55 PM
wow its gonna look awesome, what colors are you gonna give it?

ange
05-28-2004, 11:54 AM
very sweet find. May I ask how much and where you found it?

I would suggest keeping it OE colors w/ a little polising here and there. Restore that thing to it's former glory. :)

Troll 2
05-28-2004, 12:47 PM
Thanks everyone. It is a very fun project. It cost me $120 and a set of paddle tires.
I like all kinds of trikes. Stock, modded, rag's, or show. Bur I'm hooked on doing somthing a little different than stock colors. Still planning on what. Heres a pic of my X I did
http://www.bmi.net/magoos/revived1.jpg

Trikeaholic
05-28-2004, 02:33 PM
Troll, that is nice work, a little too wild for my tastes, but one can see that alot of effort went into it, so :beer Very nice machine work on those custom parts too. Ange and I are just purists, I guess, where less equals more. I really like the old school look, like the bike was lost in a traincar for 20 years, stock or old school modded is where its at!. On an R like that, you should consider an old school build. It would be like looking at living history.

Troll 2
05-28-2004, 03:21 PM
Hmm, that is interesting. Thanks for the replies. It will give me more to think about...lol
I'm not really sure where the line is. It would have to be a modded style, concidering this one was at one time, and I just cant go stock.
I wonder how much is acceptible, I figure no new style stuff like billet, grapics, ectt. It would be different than the X for sure. How about a mid 80's hot-rod? Man this would be tough.
I really have the whole scheme already planned, which would be wrong, other than a new custom.
Well thanks............................... :cool:

C W.
05-28-2004, 04:51 PM
I don't don't care for pre 85 R's that mutch useualy.But that thing is bad ass looking.It's real racey looking.It looks about done to me but i'v never had or seen in person a trike as nice as your X.