PDA

View Full Version : Front wheel/hub AGAIN

nitekrawler
04-15-2004, 11:12 PM
Well, installed front wheel with hub, and new hub and wheel we got WOULDN'T fit, the brake disc was to close to the wheel. I tried to mix with the old hub we had, and the bolt pattern was off. How do I tell what yr/model for the front I have. This is on Son's Atc.

Thanks guys!

jeswinehart
04-15-2004, 11:49 PM
nightkrawler,,, this is for your kids 84r right ??? if so i have one i took off my 84r + you can have it. it was painted blackish/purplish and i went with a stock 200x rim cause of it was nice and shiney.
p.m. me your shipping address if you want it and you will owe me shipping cost only. tire size is 23.5 x 8 x 11 (dunlop, weather check but holds air + half thread remaining )

thanks, john

( yeah, you will be getting the rim too )
lets see if i can do up a pic on the new board thing.
as i was down loading pictures,,, you say the disc is too close to the rim right ? like , you cant get the brake caliper on ???

nitekrawler
04-16-2004, 01:15 PM
Yes its for Son's Atc. Daughter's is done :D When we put the new hub (which I sold) on the wheel, the disc was to close and caliper wouldn't fit. Also, the hub's wouldn't interchange because of bolt pattern. So, am I off on the year or? Confused! :D I'll measure the current bolt pattern and post. I felt so bad for him, I bought a air compressor (on ebay) 3.5hp (new) and hose and tools for him to change this out I have a bad back, so he does a lot of the work. Then to only to find out, wrong one.
Anyways, enough venting...Thanks John. I post the measurements by tomorrow

PS. Did I meantion, even after all this I still enjoy going out with the kids (family)? :D

jeswinehart
04-16-2004, 07:27 PM
okay nightkrawler ,,, i'll be out of town by 6 a.m saturday morning till sunday afternoon.
i know that on my hondas i have and had ,, it's a real trick to get the caliper on the front mounting area. i hafta loosen the disc from it's 3 bolts and work the caliper into position.
like i said, p.m. me your mailing addy and the whole thing will be on its way too you monday. ( i'll try and get the tire off ,,, )

john