PDA

View Full Version : Pretty near killed my 185, and almost me too!!!

leprogle
04-14-2004, 07:14 PM
I was riding too fast at night, overran my headlight, hit quite a large size jump, I was thrown off the bike, 15 feet into the air, and landed (on my feet) 30 feet from the jump, the bike bounced over top of me, it would've smoked me either in the head or the back if I hadn't have fallen forward after i landed on my feet(gravity&momentum pretty much took care of that seeing as how i was probably doing over 85 km/h!!!!!!!!!!!
enough blabbing, here's the pics!!!
The only damage was to the front forks and back rack, I had a spare set of forks and rack, and had the bike up and runnable (and wheelieable :D ) the next day.

leprogle
04-14-2004, 08:56 PM
I don't know how I was able to walk away from it, let alone survive it, you know what they say, any landing you can walk away from is a good one.
My friends call me super dave now. :rolleyes:

mad_max
04-14-2004, 10:09 PM
sounds/looks scary....glad to hear you are OK, I used to have a 185 myself and they are pretty fast for having no real suspension.

edog
04-14-2004, 10:36 PM
Where you wearing a helmet?

4x4chevette
04-14-2004, 10:52 PM
Dude thats nuts...... my cousins b/f's name is dave, and he was hospitalized for a while,a nd temp paralized, from ridin to fast at night. he was ridin a quad throught he woods hit a tree head on... I think he wa sin the hospital 2weeks, shattered both legs, now has metal thinga majig sin there, kepein his bones together.... hes doin good now though, walks alright.

I had a couple small things today...... hit a dang mud hole, to fast, didnt noctice the 4wd ruts, left tire fell in, and right over in the mud I went, 3wheeler on top of me... that wasnt to bad.... then heade dup anothe rone of my infamous hill climbs, that I still havnetmastered yet, chain popped off, and backwards I went agian, she flopped ove ron her side, I smakced my hea don a real big rock, and bascily slide down the hill on my head, with the tryke followin me, didnt hurt the biek or me....... it jsut happens today, the group I was ridin with all where helments. I usually dont. probably will from now on, but they had an extra and made me wear it. It was just one fo those bicycle type ones, that look like ridin helmets. but it worked purty good for me today.

jmsmilin
04-14-2004, 10:55 PM
Leprogle where did you get those nerf bars?

nice bike edog

edog
04-14-2004, 10:58 PM
I would pay good money to see you in one of those helmets.Thats more than some people do.I :) hope you buy a real hemet soon.

edog
04-14-2004, 11:04 PM
I call them brush gaurds.i Bought them from The Yamaha dealer down the street.They are made of 6061 aircraft grade aluminum.They are for 7/8 dia
handlebars.I have them mounted on 7/8 mini aluminum Mcgrath dirt bike handlebars.They cost about $50 for the alum guards.$19.99 for the plastic covers.

leprogle
04-18-2004, 05:23 PM
OF COURSE I was wearing a helmet, I always do, and the nerf bars, a previous owner of the bike broke them and took them off before he sold the bike, the bike changed hands a few times, and then when i got the bike, he had welded them and fixed them, he was going try to sell them, but he just gave them to me. I love them, they're nice to put your feet on while cruising down an easy trail, since the bike is kinda small.

thefox
04-18-2004, 06:58 PM
Glad to hear that you made it out okay. It must have been fun trying to ride it back home though! :D

atctim
04-19-2004, 12:08 PM
Also, Dave, is that a keyed ignition I see or do my eyes decieve me???

leprogle
04-19-2004, 02:19 PM
dave?
If you're talking about the 185, yes it has a keyed ignition, it's splice onto the run switch (main power and ground) inside the headlight shell, i got it off my friend's parts bike, he was tired of ppl hoping on his bike and riding it, so he rigged that up.
oh, and my name is Jon....

vodavi6346
04-19-2004, 04:17 PM
that sucks hope your bike gets better ..lol

4x4chevette
04-19-2004, 07:39 PM
Ill be gettin me a real helmet soon.... my little brother uses a bike helmet. he complains he cant see out of the fullfaced oen we got... We both need appropreat helmets

jmsmilin
08-03-2004, 08:24 PM
Im talking about the foot peg guards on the crashed ATC above, are they custom?

84250r
08-03-2004, 08:29 PM
Im talking about the foot peg guards on the crashed ATC above, are they custom?

Just to let you know this post is 4 months old. So he might not responsed

leprogle
08-03-2004, 08:37 PM
they are not homemade, they were given to me though, i don't know where they are from. they are an old-school aftermarket product i think

TrikeKid
08-04-2004, 04:18 AM
wear a real hemet or dont ride please we dont need more ammo against dirtbikes and atv's because sombody messed around and got hurt or killed.

leprogle
08-04-2004, 10:45 AM
what the hell are you talking about i was wearing a helmet. you say that in like every post that everyone says something about crashing.

83185s
08-06-2004, 12:47 AM
lol...thats tru tho...everybody says..o he died on a 3 wheeler thats y there dangerous...its casue ppl either odnt know how to ride ...or they screw around with no helmet on or screw around with a helmet anyway...but hey ima have to get me one of those key ignitions...whered u get it? my bros take off on my 185 all the time and its makin me mad as h**l!!! <--prolly cant say that so i put the ** in...lol..

leprogle
08-07-2004, 01:09 AM
Canadian Tire. If you're in the states, I'm sure something like Auto Zone. I'd be around the auto electrical section with switches and stuff, it's a "universal" key.
I Used a Voltmeter to determine which two contacts had continiuity when the key was turned to the left, and nothing in the center. You splice off the main power and ground wires that go to your kill switch. It is basically a second kill switch. Just splice off and solder onto the two terminals on the key. just drill a hole in the plastic dash thing on the handlebars, the key comes with a nut to hold the key assembly in place.

TrikeKid
08-07-2004, 02:14 AM
what the hell are you talking about i was wearing a helmet. you say that in like every post that everyone says something about crashing.
show me where i say that i every post and i wasnt talking to i was talking to 4x4 chevette. dont get all pissy when you dont know what im talking about.

leprogle
08-07-2004, 09:42 PM
ok bud, settle down