PDA

View Full Version : Got My 85 250es

atcmatt
04-14-2004, 05:36 PM
Very cool upgrade over my 200es.

Here are some pics....soryy i cant get em to work..

Matt

Bumb
04-14-2004, 05:56 PM
well here they should be for ya

atcmatt
04-14-2004, 05:58 PM
Thanks goes to Bumb, there are the pictures.

Matt

atcmatt
04-14-2004, 06:12 PM
Ok I have decided to write some stuff about it hold on tight........

Rides and Runs well. The motor (i think) has had a new topend job and i think the clutch or something has been replaced in the left hand side crankcase cover because the gasket looks new and so the topend ones. Its very quiet and all the noise is from the exaust. It is a definate upgrade over my 200es which i sold 2 nights ago for $1200 aus. At first when i went and picked it up it had no side panels and i was a bit dissapointed about that. When i got home i looked in the toolbox (it was closed with cable ties) and i see the 2 panels, scratched but not cracked. I was chearing. It had a 200es light on it so i took the one of the 87 parts bike and chucked it on there. Looks better now. I might paint the black headlight red. Not sure though. The battery woudlent power the starter fast enough becuase it mustve been to flat so i was kick starting it and that started it easy enough. That is a big improvement over the 200 pull start. I need to rebulid the shocks cause they havent got enough pressure to shoot them back up once compressed. The tank is in good shape, just needs some paint but it has no dents and the inside looks new. Anyway i best be putting this charged battery back in because we are goign away today to the farm....cant wait...

Seya,

Matt

200xalltheway
04-14-2004, 06:15 PM
nice trike.

jeswinehart
04-14-2004, 08:45 PM
great ! glad to hear you got your trike matt. looks like a decent one too !

let me know if you be needing any info from my manual on the front fork rebuild ,,,

john

edog
04-14-2004, 09:32 PM
That thing belongs on a farm pulling stuff.That thing is a work horse.Thats a nice 85 Honda you got there.Restore it,save a trike.

PowerTrike
04-14-2004, 09:42 PM
Nice trike! 250es' are great machines, and awesome for wheelies! You'll love that super low first gear. Good Luck with it matt.